White teeth?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikayla

I used to have cuttle bones on hand, but since I heard they can result in kidney stones I got rid of them, but I have one girl who is skinny and has white-ish teeth. She eats and drinks and always has hay but she is not gaining weight, I checked her teeth and they appeared quite a bit white than the others, so do I give cuttlebone or is there anything else to give her to help with this?

I've been told to break off a piece of cuttlebone and give it. I noticed Zipper's teeth paling and I gave him an alfalfa hay cube every other day for about a week and they're nice and yellowy-orange now.

High amounts of calcium are not what causes bladder stones. Genetic predisposition and also lack of water intake will cause calcium build up in the bladder that causes the stones.

I keep cuttlebone on hand and always have. It's a great source of calcium and it's good pretty much forever. Just break off a small piece and give it to her. You could also increase the amount of alfalfa hay she is getting. In addition to supplying more calcium the alfalfa can encourage weight gain.

Okay, thank you for clearing that up, I'll go out to the pet store and find a couple tomorrow. :]

I use calcium tablets if I have any issues with white teeth, I don't see it anymore but when I was on PANR I'd have issues with new mom's.

Latest posts

Back