White Teeth...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dewdrop

At what age do chins teeth start going yellow/orange?

My one chin is 6 months old, he was very very skiddish when I first got him and I've just really been able to start checking teeth and what not. His teeth are white...

My other chin is a month older and his are a nice orange..

Their both on the same diet. So unless it's an age thing I just don't get it??..

Some of them have orange teeth by the time they are three months old, some of them take a little longer.

Are his teeth really white or more off white? Sometimes they'll be a little yellowish starting out and get more yellow or orange colored with age.

I have seen some of my chins with yellowish teeth more than the others. What type of feed are both of them on?

Their both on Mazuri and Timothy hay....same stuff the breeder had them on.

Their not a stark white....maybe slightly yellow. Like I said he's a pretty skiddish fellow so even getting a peek was quite the task.

He has gained weight nicely..I've had him 3 months and he's gone from 12oz (if I remember correctly) To almost 18..

It just got me curious because there is SUCH a huge difference between the two. So good to know it could just be taking some time :)

ETA: This is the ebony one as well. I know they take longer to mature...so could that be part of it?..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back