white eyes? Help please!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dabou

mommy of Kahlua and Pedro
Hi everyone!

My sister told me her bunny had very bright white eyes, and she didnt know why... I went to check it out and I saw this....

missie.jpg

I must admit it made me kinda stressed out...what's happening? I asked if it had to do with not enough light, she said no.... Any of you have any idea?

Is it just in the photo? Otherwise I would guess cateracts but the best way to know for sure would be go to a vet. It is hard to diagnose things on the internet

Thanks guys, if it is cataracts, is it a danger to her? They say no treatment needed... She is about 7 years old so I guess it could be that. She seems a tad bit more nervous too, and she doesnt play as much as usual, though she will growl at us like she used to. (remember she's my sister's rabbit and I did not see her in 3 years) Though she is still very friendly when picked and will still enjoy beig pet in our arms, she feels safe once she's not moving and being pet on the head and around the ears =)

I'll check if I can afford my sis' rabbit vet charges, if I can I'll bring the rabbit to the vet as soon as I can.

The only way to take cataracts off is through laser surgery. From my understanding, it's fairly expensive in pets, just as it is in humans. As long as she's getting around just fine and it's not bothering her, I would just let her be.

It could be cataracts or an injury. Either way, a vet visit is in order.

If both eyes are white, I doubt it's an injury. If anything it's cataracts or an infection. Check with the vet and see the best course of action.

yup both eyes are white. but like I said, I know my sis won't go to the vet with her rabbit, but right now my budget is tight so as soon as I get my paycheck I'll go... though I'll call them tomorrow to make sure I get an appointment for the said day, and I'll give you guys news =)

went to see the little Missie again today btw and she's still fine, she growled at me as usual, she let me take her and put her between my arm and belly, and she went all snoozy on me when I started petting her. She protested when I put her back in her cage by scratching her pillow. as usual again =P

Back