Which tile is safe?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annamageddon

I'm wanting to tile the shelves in my critter nation cAge. I see plenty of people talking about that here. Is just any old tile safe? Is there anything in particular I should ask for? If anyone could shed some insight on this I'd appreciate it thank you!

Personally, avoid marble or granite. They absorb odors and stains. You should be able to sale shop for some inexpensive $1 or so foot square tiles at Home Depot or Lowe's. I like tiles that have a bit of texture versus totally smooth. Just make sure it isn't porous so you can clean them and they don't hold too much odor. My favorite thing about the sale tiles is that they are affordable and can be thrown away and replaced when they smell too much of become damaged...

I like the ceramic tiles, too.

You can run them through the dishwasher a hundred times and they come out good as new! The granite ones come apart and crack more. So, for tiling the cage, the ceramic tiles would work very well and be extremely durable...as stated above. :)

If you do a search for ferret nation cage tiling or just ferret nation you should find some pics in some of those threads where people tiled their cages to get ideas....

Latest posts

Back