Where to buy toy parts/pumice?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kara315

Are there any stores you can you buy pumice stones/wood chew pieces/toy pieces?
I'm assuming to hang them you can find hardware at any hardware store or possibly Wal-Mart/target. But where do some of you get the toy parts etc.....to make your own?
Thanks.

PetSmart has some pumice stones and wood chew pieces. Personally, I think the best way is to find some Kiln-dried pine scraps at Home Depot or Ace Hardware. Usually it isn't more than $1. Have them cut it up however you want and then drill holes yourself. You can dye them from there. All together, for my home-made wood chews, we spent $3. XD

Oh yeah, and the hanging stuff, we just bought 18-gauge wire, keychain loops from Michaels and S-hooks. All together that was about $15, but you can reuse it over and over!

Try googling bird toy supplies. There are a few bird toy websites that sell toy parts and many are the same that we use for our chin toys.

Hi,

I purchased a "kabob" at Petsmart but Petco has them as well. It's a metal bar that attaches to the top of the cage with a secure clip that you can feed wood & pumice items onto. It's called a Superpet Ka-bob Treat Dispensing Toy. It's on the Petsmart website under Small Animal / Toys.

It comes with wood items already on it and you can change them out as they get chewed. They also sell pumice cubes and triangles as well as wood blocks and sticks made with holes in the middile so they can be fed onto the kabob.

Lola loves hers and she loves the bell at the bottom. She uses it to get our attention when she want's out of cage time.

Last edited:
There's a lot of people here that sell pumice and toy parts and things to make toys. I don't like to send people to petstores if I can avoid it since so much is made in China and it doesn't support chin people!

You can buy white pine at home depot and use that for toys. :)

I buy a lot of stuff for my toys from www.cabirdnerds.com. I buy the willow stuff, birdie bagels, finger traps, shredders, vine toys. They have good prices. You can find vendors that sell wood pieces on here too.

If you go to the "Chinchilla Supplies for Sale" area on here and go to the grand master chin suppliers list, a lot of them on there who sell toys also sell the pieces to make your own. After reading some of the different things pet store chew toys and things have in them, I don't know that I would ever buy toys from anywhere other than from the people who make and sell them on here!

Just found a great resource for chin safe items. Chinchillacity.com

Placed my first order and am really excited to receive the items. Reasonably priced.

I actually came across a site called whimsical chin's or whimsical chinchillas, I am sure if you Google it you can find it, that lady makes amazing stuff with pumice stones, woods etc, I bought my stuff from her, she's a good seller. You can try looking at her stuff on the site my chins love their swing ledge, bridge and pumice stone toys i got from her.

Latest posts

Back