Where/How do you store...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have all extra toy supplies and fleece in a large flat rate box under the FN as well as, food, bedding, dustpan, "emergency kit", and dust containers. I have extra shelves, tubes, and liners on top of of the cage and I have the amazing hay bags Menagerie sold beside the cage. I don't have too many different cage designs yet so I don't have a lot and storage has been easy although I did find those big plastic drawers until someone stole it while I was cleaning it.

For my bulk supplies I use stacking see through rubbermaid containers (dust, hay, food, open bags of carefresh).

For my "everyday" supplies I keep them in tall lock & lock containers for quick access and simply refill them when need be (dust, hay, food, litter, snacks).

For the extra toys, hangars, and what have you I typically keep them in large ziploc bags in a stand.

*bit of a neat freak*

Ok...more questions....well actually one.

I now have my Chin and got my last few supplies last week before she came home. I bought the biggest bag of aspen bedding the pet store had (not sure if it is the biggest they make though) Is it safe to store the bedding in a plastic tote type thing or will it create moisture? I did see this nice canvas type hamper at Walmart that I was considering too. I plan to buy in bulk or bog sizes if possible. I like to always have my pets supplies on hand and buying bigger sizes or bulk is always cheaper.

I have (roughly) the whole assortment of these:
http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/usa/
in my closet. Small supplies of hay and pellets stay in the 1.6 L version of it on or under the cage that I refill from the ones in the closet as needed. They stack well and they're remarkably tough/sturdy. I've put my entire body weight (at least 180 pounds) on the 9 or 17 L one (but don't tell my boss, he'd kill me).

Eta: I do leave the lid off the hay one, and would probably suggest it for the wood chips too, just to be safe.

My organized chin room, everything came from IKEA. I store all the things chin in this-medical supplies, food, toys and "stuff".

room-1.jpg

room1-1.jpg

room2-1.jpg

room3-1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back