when is the next show?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Narcissus

is there a list somewhere of the dates of shows? if not does anyone know when the next west cost show will be?

thank you! yes.... unfortunatly I was unable to make it to the last show. my grandpas dog was attaked by a mountian lion and he wasnt stable enough for me to leave.

Narcissus, sorry you missed us but we'll be planning another one in 2013 once we've all talked and figured out when. Keep an eye on the MCBA web site. Nicole does a great job and gets our info up there really quickly (once we get it to her). Hope to see you at the next one!!

He is a Hanging Tree Cattle Dog. There have been lots of fires latley and it has pushed the wildlife further down the mountian. The mountian lion was killing a one of our goats and the dog tried to stop it. Our llamas jumped the fence and killed the mountian lion before it killed the dog but he is in pretty bad shape. has a gash down his neck that reqired 80 stiches, lots of puncture wounds on his hind legs and a fist sized chunk of muscle and fleash gone from the underside of his right leg. he was on IV fluids for 1 week. we opened packed the wound and it is healing well. Vet believes he will be fine. He was even out working the cows a little tonight! But I still keep him with me everywhere I go because he is on antibiotics and I have to change his bandages every two hours. He is a fighter... he'll pull through.
I am looking forward to going to a show! cant wait!

Last edited:
There's the CA Sanctioned Show coming up in Sacramento in January 11-13, 2013, the National ECBC Show which will be located in CO the first weekend of March 2013 and in the first weekend of November 2013, the Annual Meeting and Educational Seminars will be in Sacramento, CA. These are HUGE opportunities for those of us in the Western half of the US. For many years, the National events have been held in the midwest but there was a huge push to move these events further West this year due to the increased activity and participation on the West.

This year's Annual Meeting was so educational and a great time. Niels Sworig who developed the Blue Diamond flew over from Denmark to present on the development of the Blue Diamonds and showed everyone live Blue Diamonds as well as BD pelts compared to violet and sapphire pelts. Marina and Vicente of Chinchillas Cinco Estrellas of Argentina brought some beautiful chinchilla garments modeled at a fashion show at the banquet and pelts dressed by their special process which leaves a beautiful clean pliable leather. Bob Baar gave a background on the goldbar mutation which originated on their ranch. Dick Bradford and Gary Neubauer gave a presentation on evaluating pelts. Gary also gave a presentation on ranching for production. And Tabitha Lindsay presented information on sugar digestion in hind gut fermenters and epigenetics. It seems that some people think the Annual Meeting is just for Board members and delegates to handle business but it is for everybody! There is education in addition to the meetings. There is so much to be learned and we have attendees ranging from pet owners to small breeders to large ranchers to fur dressers and garment producers!

And next year will be one nobody will want to miss! I encourage everyone to put these dates on their calendars as these will all be some awesome events! Regardless of where you are from, we have selected locations with an International airport for those choosing to fly... and for the National Show, a location which can be driven to (and balances out the driving times ) for those of us bringing animals.

WOO HOO!!!

Cali Girls ROCK!!! It was GREAT to see you and Tabitha, as well as many friends, and all the other international guests"!!!

Sumiko is right -- it WAS a very fun and informative weekend!!! Looking forward to the January Show in Sacramento...

West Coast Chapter is planning a show April 27, 2013 in Bellevue. Stay turned for more information

Latest posts

Back