wheels for the 3 cage FN

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard that the wheels on the FN are not sturdy enough when you add the 3rd cage. I have looked in 3 places and have not found sturdy wheels that would fit the FN. I found wheels just like the ones on it. Does anyone know where I can get the sturdy wheels and what 'poundage' should they support??

I didn't have any problems when I added the 3rd level to my FN 142....Michelle (Mishellyshell) has it currently with my boys - you can ask her opinion....

sorry, but i had to take the wheels off! the 3 level with the storage section wouldnt fit my basement. so the bottom cage is directly on the floor. there was another thread about this barb, they even mentioned where they got them, maybe you can do a search.

I tired Home Depot - the ones they have are just like the ones on the FN - Did you break the wheels with the one that cames with the FN. I am looking for sturdier one

Tiffany - those look identical to the ones that come with the FN, maybe just stronger? Is that correct? Thanks. I haven't broken any yet, but I'm sure it will happen, and I want to be ready.

They don't have the locks on them and they're not as cheap as the ones on the FN. I believe these are made out of thicker and sturdier material. I'm sure there are better options out there, it's just the best I could find in my local store at the time.

i'm sorry you guys had trouble with yours. I have a 3 story on carpet and have never had any problems with my wheels. It's crappy 30 year old carpet in my apartment--shag LOL! I don't even have to lock the wheels on it!

Mine will be on linoleum. I am ready to set it up but since I heard about the wheel problems I wanted to make sure the wheels were sturdy BEFORE setting it up. I have covered all the pieces with hardware cloth so babies don't escape. I put all the pieces in the room I want it (knowing it would never fit thru the door once set up). Just need the wheels so I can finished up the job

Now I am totally confused. I went to Lowes today to get the wheels. All they had was the same wheels Home Depot had. I asked the guy who is head of the hardware dept. and showed him the ad the Tiffany sent the link to. He found the wheels (model # matched). However those wheels look exactly like the FN wheels and the packages said it was for 75 lb cap. (not the 200 the website states). Now I don't know what to do and I just wasted my morning/early afternnon

not your fault - wish I could find the ones you have trouble is the model # on the link you gave me matches the one of the box of 75 lb cap. Maybe I will order the ones on the link and see what comes in (have them ship them to the store). If I don't like them, I won't pay for them.

These are the wheels I'm using for my 3 level FN. They can hold up to 200 lbs and I got them from Home Depot for about $2 something (I can't remember exactly how much they were) for 2 wheels.

CIMG1871.jpg

CIMG1875.jpg

CIMG1876.jpg

Back