What to feed a pit bull?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought dogs and cats grazed on grass for stomach upset...? My dobie eats grass and pukes it back up shortly after.

Jenn, I thought so too but the veterinarian world thinks that they chew on grass simply because they like it. One of the vets I worked for made a big deal out of it when I thought chewing grass ='s stomach ache. Who knows lol

I have my 12yr old Amstaff/Pit Bull on Acanna grain free fish and I am very happy with it

Attachments

• BristolTucker.jpg
    BristolTucker.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 84
If there's a Pet Supplies Plus in your area, look around there for foods as well. Their selection is the best I've ever seen and the prices are pretty reasonable, but the chain is fairly localized to the midwest. They also invite a lot of demonstrators on weekends, so you might get the chance to talk to someone from Blue Buffalo, Orijen etc.

Science diet is one pooptastical food that is falsely marketed as a high quality food. The shelter I volunteer at gets it donated by the company in hopes of hooking unknowing people onto it. I can't complain since it gives the shelter dogs something consistent especially the ones unfortunate enough to be there several months to even a year.

My dogs never vomit after eating grass. My cattle dog he will just start yanking on it if I stop and talk to a neighbor too long on a walk and he gets antsy to keep going. He also is known to eat well just about anything including pill bottles (which was not fun to deal with when it came full digestion cycle) which luckily had his heart guard pill in it and he ate it the day he needed too. He's incredibly smart but incredibly a doofus at the same time lol.

Haha it's funny how he self medicated himself!!! My dog doesn't barf after she eats grass either, and I've seen actual bamboo leaves in her poops. Guess she's just a weirdo and likes veggies.

You might wanna try dimond lamb and rice or purina dog chow. I have 5 pits and 3 of them are on purina and the other 2 are show dogs we feed them dimond. If your worried about the weight gain you look into Satin balls http://bullydomain.com/article/485/satin-ball-recipe. We made them for our dogs and they gained 6 pounds in 2 days from them. But be careful, they will gain weight fast if you give them to many. Start out by giving 2 the day you make them and then give 1 every 3 days.

A raw diet is by far the best diet you can put your cat or dog on. This is how I am feeding my cats and it is extremely cheap compared to any other high quality food I can put them on and they look GREAT! Please read up at this site, and keep an open mind. :) It is not "for everyone" but you never know 'til you try.

http://www.rawfed.com/

Back