What to clean riding boots with?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystic

Super chin!
I have a pair of Ariat Heritage III zip paddock boots and was wondering what the best way to clean them is and with what kind of cleaners/polishers. They are leather boots. I've just been brushing off dirt and cleaning them with a damp cloth but I want to make them last.

Use some of the Kiwi Leather Cleaners. They are really good. It polishes and moisturizes the leather preventing cracking which makes them last. It's good stuff.

I use leather CPR on all my english/western tack and on my leather boots. its works great and really cleans and conditions

If you need a quick shine, dust the dirt off, wipe with a damp rag, and since it's leather, you can get away with pledge (yes the furnature cleaner). I use the spray can type. It gives it a clean, shiney look. And oils the leather.

I've always used the same thing I use on my saddle on my boots, and I usually use neatsfoot oil I believe. I've had the jug for a long time but I'm pretty sure that's what it is, lol.

Neatsfoot oil or lexol? Same stuff, different container. I'll also use a leather conditioner - one that repels water. The one I have at the moment is one made of beeswax, it works well on my saddles.

The Ariat paddock boots I have are suede in parts and I've never put anything on them, just keep them hosed off, they're two years old and still looking good.

Latest posts

Back