What the ???????

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelleideeaz1

I was reading old, old threads and ran across a few people who said that if you rub a chins ear(s) between your fingers gently, that it will calm them....
Anybody do this?????? Does it work???? If so, wish I'd known earlier :tantrum:

if I did this to mine she would hop away and we would be done for the night LOL

I give my old girl ear massages all the time and she melts. My younger one hates her little freckled ears touched.
Depends on the chin.

My mini donkeys are the same. Both tolerate ear handling,rubs,helicopter ears but only Zach LOVES inside his ears rubbed. He closes his eyes and drops his head down then completely relaxes and hangs his mouth open with his tongue lolling about in his pleasure!

Chins like arm pit scrubs, behind the ear scrubs, under the chin scrubs, between the ear scrubs, anywhere on the head or upper body, just don't touch the back or butt, most don't like that.

Any sort of rear end touching in my house results in a disgruntled kack. :wacko:

All mine like their ears rubbed. They all take other scritches to some extent though one kacks at me the whole time. I even have a couple that will take belly rubs and will let me touch them anyplace I want. Just depends on the chin.

I have one that if I scratch his haunches (is that what it's called? his thigh butt sides) he closes his eyes and will groom his hand. Almost as a tick, he does it every time! Every chin is different.

Neither of my chins will let me touch their ears, head or neck. However, I can rub their butts forever and they just sit there calmly.

Latest posts

Back