What should I do?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RooSpike82

I am unable to keep most of my chinchillas :frown2: I need to re home them. I know Craigslist is a poop-shoot. Is there anywhere that I can advertise them?

If you are willing to take a minimum amount for them, you can advertise them through our rescue section. The largest amount we allow through there is $35.00 apiece. Otherwise, to post through the regular classifieds, you have to be a contributing member.

If I were you, I would just take $35 each and sell it here because I would feel more confident about the members here than some random pepole on Craigslist, especially if you want to rehome them to good homes, just my opinion though.............

our rescue section

tunes, where is the rescue section on this site? I did a word search but wasn't able to find it. I'm considering getting another chinchilla 9-24 months old.

DoGooder

Petfinder is for rescues and shelters.

Any place you post you will have to screen owners... just my thought.

I have used petfinder and I'm not a rescue or shelter. There are ways to know if people are good pet owners. Just have to talk to them and ask the right questions.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Petfinder used to have classifieds that anyone could post in, but the actual "petfinder" is for rescues and shelters to adopt out pets.

There are ways to know if people are good pet owners. Just have to talk to them and ask the right questions.

Also, if they already have pets observing the psychological and physical condition of those pets is a big giveaway. And also the living conditions of their current pets can provide clues. The proof is in the pudding because the pets themselves tell the story.

DoGooder

Well Riven your right. My bad! Scratch the petfinder idea.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Meiying is right -- the odds are, a member of this forum will probably be better educated and willing to post here if they have any questions/problems and need info.

Personally, that's where I would start.

I actually have found homes for all but 2. I have only been using word of mouth and it's going pretty good! Quite a few neighbors and their families have come forward wanting them. I have made sure to ask a lot of questions and give a lot of info and I even gave them all this site to come to for advice/research.

Latest posts

Back