what is the pregnancy Succesion rate after mating

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linganne

I just found a mating plug in the corner of my cage. It's the first time i have ever seen one. My pair has been living together about 2-3 months. I am aware that it means they have successfully mated. But what are the chances of the female getting pregnant? Out of how many tries does the female get pregnant?

Just make sure you mark it from the day you pulled Gremlin out and be prepared for issues with the female's health since you had a sick chin in with her. Also, if Gremlin was sick, chances are it's a heat plug, not a mating plug.

ASH- A heat plug looks exactly like a mating plug?
Gremlin was never with laxy( Female) Laxy has been with Chin chin( male) all the while. they have had several play time together for approx of not more then 10 mins.

A heat plug and mating plug look similar, yes. If you don't intend to be breeding, like you claimed in chat, they shouldn't be having playtime together. And if you do plan on breeding, you need to get some better quality animals than what you find in your Singapore pet stores and look into getting quality animals shipped to you. You also need to research breeding more. You admitted in chat you haven't researched much and "aren't breeding". Well if you're allowing a male/female to be together, then yes, you are.

Back