what is his color?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evelyn

These are some of his pictures. Is he white mosaic? I know that the picture maybe not quite clear but can you guess how old is he? When I got him they said he is three months old. I have him for a month now. But I personally think he is more than three months. I have never weight him yet but planning on doing it pretty soon

Attachments

• DSCN0127.jpg
    DSCN0127.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 99
  • DSCN0131.jpg
    DSCN0131.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCN0115.jpg
    DSCN0115.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 108
  • 24392_386831124197_851779197_3762272_6107072_n.jpg
    24392_386831124197_851779197_3762272_6107072_n.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 121
Looks like he's a mosaic. A cutie too. :)

There's no way to know how old he is, definitely not by size. You would only know for sure if the person who bred him told you.

Unless he came from a breeder with a birthday there is no way to guarantee how old he is. He's a cutie, though.

Looks like a mosaic to me too. Is there anyway you can track back to the breeder and get any more info?

Such a pretty face boy... are you sure he's actually a he, lol?

yes he is a boy lol I saw that thing every time he stands and he lovvvvve to stand and show it off lol i attached more picture to show you how cute he is!

Attachments

• DSCN0156.jpg
    DSCN0156.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 68
He is really cute. I think his fur still has that fuzzy look to it so I would say under 6 months personally, but that is a guess. Everyone is correct that there is no way to know for sure...

Both males and females have a cone, which to a person not familiar with chinchillas would like a penis perhaps...just a note :)). I would be sure to sex your new pet especially if you got him from a pet store, they tend to think a cone is a penis...

I'm with Jean Marie, judging by his still-pretty-small size and the "fuzzy" look to his fur, I'd guess under 6 months as well. :) He's a looker, all right!!

What is that you are giving him in the last photo? Chins under 6 months really shouldn't have any treats at all, just pellets, hay, and water.

I gave him a very small amount of treats. Again, I didn't know how old was he and ppl tell me to not take petsmart-ppl word for anything so.

I would like to know how to tell if he's a boy though. I know it sounds weird lol I have him for almost two months and so sure that he is a boy because I saw the cone and petsmart ppl told me. But now i'm starting to think if they lie even about the sex too.

I have another picture of him today. Thanks everyone of C&H. He's healthy and happy like this because information you guys providing in the last two months!

Attachments

• 24872_389229939197_851779197_3821328_7547355_n.jpg
    24872_389229939197_851779197_3821328_7547355_n.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 26
Look at his "cone" if there is a large gap, you have a male. If there is a smaller gap, he's actually a she. If you want help, you can post pics and we can help you :)

I take a look at him today and compare with the pictures of other boys lol Yes he is. I'm so glad. Now I can buy him a car bed fleece :)

I saw his feet closely today and it seem to be weird. I don't even know if it is strange. You guys might think it perfectly normal. My boyfriend said he has like this since we have him. He still looks very healthy though. He can jump very high and doesn't seem like it hurts him anyhow. I took a picture today but its not very clear. I will try to take another one if you guys can't tell from this picture

Thanks!

Attachments

• DSCN0224.jpg
    DSCN0224.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 35
This is my very first time I have a chin. In fact, this is the first time I've ever seen a CHINCHILLA lol so I'm not sure if this is what it suppose to look like. If you think it is normal then I'm happy :)))))

Mosaic, no doubt about that. His feet look perfectly normal to me.:)

Thanks guys. I didn't think he has problem either. He's healthy and happy and loooovess attention! Man I love him! lol

Latest posts

Back