What color is my chinchilla?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

em.kooi

I got my chinchilla Milo over two months ago and I still can't figure out what color he would be. He's almost four months old now and has darkened quite a bit since I got him. The guy I bought him from told me he was a beige violet. I don't really think he fits this because he looks too dark though. His mom was a little darker than his color and his dad was a standard. I would call him a hetero beige but his eyes confuse me. They look blue in most light and purple sometimes. I read on some websites that only beige violets could have this color, so I am confused. I tried to get some good picture that shows his eye color, but he's very fast. Also, you can see in the picture where he is sleeping that his underfur is dark. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• DSCN4997.jpg
    DSCN4997.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCN5265.jpg
    DSCN5265.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN4928.jpg
    DSCN4928.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCN4989.jpg
    DSCN4989.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCN4988.jpg
    DSCN4988.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 55
Might be considered a light-medium tan. It kinda of depends on what color lines the mom and dad came from too.

he looks to be just a beige to me. If father was a standard then there is no way this kit would be a beige violet. Dad in the very least would need to be a violet carrier.

He is a hetero beige. His belly isn't the clearest, but it is white and with the color descriptions of the parents...he's a regular hetero beige.

I agree, and I would question the breeder's uhm... qualifications and knowledge. Neither of those parents could produce a violet. :/

Yep, looks like a beige. Beiges are one of my favorite mutations! Beautiful chin!

Back