What color are my girls?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinchillaLoves

Dottie & Lolah's Mommy!
The breeder I bought my girls from told me they were "white" but didnt specify what kind of "white" chinchillas they were. I dont know if they are mosaics or what...But thats my guess.
Here are some pics of them :))
Dottie is the one with the dark spot on her head and Lolah is the lighter one with the white up her face.

Dottie

Lolah

Dottie and Lolah together (Lolah is Dottie's baby)

I love mosaics! Dottie is gorgeous, probably has ebony in her to make her that dark, so would be an ebony white, but still considered a mosaic....
if you get tired of them send them this way....:)

They are whites or mosaics, same things. There are many terms for whites but they are mostly all just breeding terms that explains their genetics.

I love mosaics! Dottie is gorgeous, probably has ebony in her to make her that dark, so would be an ebony white, but still considered a mosaic....
if you get tired of them send them this way....:)

lol, your chin's are beautiful! And they have spots little Dottie does!!!!

Sometimes spots on the chins come from TOV or ebony...but sometimes the spots are just something that happens. It is possible that they are just interestingly marked plain old whites...nothing special in the mix but they managed to get some spots.

Me too! I really want an extra dark ebony though! I am just too scared to put one with my girls though, I dont want fighting

Back