What chins SHOULD NOT look like!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TillyChinchilla

In 2006 I had 7 chins dumped on me by my ex boyfriend. That is when I started leaning about them - and I had to do it in a short time. These are pictures from the first time I saw the chins he owned, before they came into my care.

Hetero beige male (still have) and standard male (rehomed)

S5033683.jpg

Same standard male. Note how dirty the shelf was.

S5033765.jpg

Hetero beige female (rehomed) She didn't look awful but her cage was a disaster.

S5033686.jpg

The worst, silver male (rehomed) was caged with a black female (rehomed) both were pet store chins and were seperated. The black female wasn't pregnant. She was a fur chewer.

S5033669.jpg

And I will post what after photos I have.

The standard and beige boys (standard was rehomed due to being beaten up by the beige on several occasions)

boys.jpg

The beige, now. Notice how much less orange he is. A lot of dust and good nutrition can help oxidation!

DSC_0124.jpg

Beige female. I kept her for a while to make sure she wasn't pregnant and she was rehomed to a family in MA.

100_2026.jpg
100_1794.jpg

Sadly I can't find any after pics of the silver boy, his coat was terrible and took the most work.

Anyway, those were some of the chins that got me "into" chinchillas. I still have two of the seven - and I am still very happy to have the, :)

Wow they look great in the after pics compaired to before you did an awesome job getting them back to health!

It's always great to hear about an animal getting a second chance at a better life. You did a terrific job with them and should feel proud of yourself.

so sad...the before pictures break my heart...im so happy to hear they were in your care and the care of other families...they look great

Bailey did my three come from the same guy? I have a white mosaic male who lives with a standard male now and looks fantastic and I have the grey female who was pregnant and lives with her daughter now. Everyone is doing great.

Thanks everybody for the nice comments. The girl in my avatar is the other one who is still with me.

Bailey did my three come from the same guy?

No, these guys came from my ex, who Brenda C met - and could second he was a scumbag. The guys that you got came from somebody I never met in person (The kid breeder in Windham was using them as breeders). I think he was the one you said bought your 3-stack cage and put it on top of a small car?

I'm so glad they are doing well - the standard girl looked awful when she got to you. Was happy somebody more experience with births was able to handle it.

The pink white girl was never pregnant was she?

Couldn't resist posting this. I love seeing my chins relax and not be bothered by normal household sounds. Was moving around cleaning and he smushed himself in the position to go to sleep. The beige boy from the photos (Crichton) is on the left. Max, his cagemate, is on the right.

crichtonmax.jpg

Latest posts

Back