West Coast MCBA Field Day 2011

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ronda, please put me down for 2 lunches

Allison, let me know if we need more raffle items. Id be happy to donate a couple of fleece hammocks or I can go with a non-chin item

I thought I'd make a basket for the raffle. My theme is "Stuff for the trip home from Hermiston lol" Some snacks, juice, reading material, toy etc. PS Easter is 1 week after the show. Maybe I will make a Easter basket to raffle as well. (That sounds fun since those days are behind me :p

Here is my donation. I'll do a swing with this wood burning on the front. It will include a pillow in the middle, and will be glued, no screws.

Attachments

• ABC_swing2.jpg
    ABC_swing2.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 14
  • chinchilla in  wood burner.JPG
    chinchilla in wood burner.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 16
Any preferences on pop? I would like to get only the kind people drink so that I don't have a ton of oddball stuff around after the show. I do plan on purchasing a case of water too.

Yummy dessert request from Tara - You'll just have to wait and see/taste what it is...

Ronda

1 lunch for me with pepsi max or coke 0 would be nice (both are diet fyi)
I hope you have better luck then I am. I am picking up some stuff here and there for the "Going home from Hermiston" basket but my son and or husband keep eating the goodies LOL claiming they forgot! You better keep your kitchen locked up if they come along.

I'm a Pepsi-aholic so put me down for Pepsi, the fattening stuff please! Should be a on a diet after all those steroids they pumped me full of but I'm coming down for a good time, sugar,caffeine and all!

I'm down for lunch too, but I'll have water. I'm a diet Coke drinker but only in the mornings. So I'll bring mine with.

Less than one week to go! I'm excited. I'm bummed that two of the boys I wanted to show still have un-even fur from fur slips. (I may have to borrow a couple of Ronda's chins so I have someone to groom and show.)

....and my Dad is coming! He was bummed that he was going to miss a chinchilla show so figured out a way to make it work. We can't wait to see everyone again (and there should be a few new faces too! Three new-to-chin people have told me they're going. I hope everyone can make it.)

River is pretty excited, but in trouble, so he best be on his best behavior if he wants to come with me! lol I hopefully recruited 3 people to the upcoming show too!

Less than one week to go! I'm excited. I'm bummed that two of the boys I wanted to show still have un-even fur from fur slips. (I may have to borrow a couple of Ronda's chins so I have someone to groom and show.)

....and my Dad is coming! He was bummed that he was going to miss a chinchilla show so figured out a way to make it work. We can't wait to see everyone again (and there should be a few new faces too! Three new-to-chin people have told me they're going. I hope everyone can make it.)

Awesome!!! You might want to bring them anyway - being a field day that won't be such a bad hit on them. You certainly may groom and show my chins if you pay the fee. In fact, the offer is open to anyone attending who wants to see how the process works.

So glad your dad can make it - he is such a neat guy and always so helpful!!!

Drag those new people in - we need them all.

Lunch will be sandwiches like in the past. I will pick up some fresh tomatoes and lettuce this week. I have whole wheat and white bread and several types of cheese. Purchased 12 packs of Shasta rootbeer, Mountain Rush and Lemon Lime. There is already Diet Pepsi and Diet Coke and Pepsi in the refer (Dad's but don't tell him) and I also picked up a 48 pack of water. One of you meat eaters are going to have to go down town and pick up whichever lunch meats you want for lunch - Hum, probably that big-time carnivorous Christine!!!

Let me know if there is something I'm forgetting! Oh, yea, I already forgot the dessert - but I'm not telling what it is - Oh, I think I'll go have some....

Woo Hoo - 6 new people!!! We are going to have a parrrrtttttyyyyy!!!

Ronda

Ok we are almost there. Tomorrow is the day. I hope everyone drives safely and has a good day at the show

Thank you Ronda, Sue, Claire, the Craner family and Tara for putting together a great show! Jerry and Joann did a great job teaching throughout the show. We had a lot of fun and are looking forward to the fall show.

Congratulations to Elisa and Sarah for each having several of the top animals!

I'll go through my pics and see if there are any good ones on Wednesday. :)

It was a very informational show, and a lot of fun. Thank you everyone for helping!

These are the only three pictures I had time to take, though I did take a video talking about the difference of Brevi fur versus Lanigera fur which was pretty cool. Will post a link to it when I get home and get it uploaded.

First pic is 7AM, I think only Casey's animals were here then. Second is everyone here, third is Casey and Jerry giving the demonstration between the fur types.

Attachments

• FirstMorning.jpg
    FirstMorning.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Elisa&Alison.jpg
    Elisa&Alison.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 30
  • BreviVSLangi.jpg
    BreviVSLangi.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 28
It was a great show! Mr Craner is a awesome judge, and teacher. Very informative, kind, and wonderful sense of humor! Thanks to Ronda,Tara,Sue,Claire, and of course the Craners! I had a great time!

Back