West Coast MCBA 2012 Spring Field Day, April 28, Bellevue, WA

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SHOW SECURITY: We're going to beef up the security at this show to ensure the safety of your animals. If you don't have ear tags, it's too late now for you to get them in time. So an alternative is to mark your animals with a sharpy on the ear with your brand. It won't hurt them and wears off in a few days. No one will be allowed around the staging tables except the handlers who will be my church kids that I hire every year. There will also be a sign off process to collect your animals afterwards that will be explained at the beginning of the show. Hope it's not a hassle, we're just trying to keep everyone happy and make it a rewarding experience.

Just wondering how many plan on attending the show this weekend? I have security detail at the show (not kidding) and I want mug shots! LMAO

Lots are coming, Christine, flash 'em your badge!

DOORS OPEN AT 7 A.M. (Thanks, Claire, for having my back.)

I'll be there! Chris, I have a real elephant gun I will loan you for security detail if you promise not to shoot me :)
Oh and since I'm not showing anything I will be happy to help with anything!

Last edited:
I'm sure there will be one available. I asked for 18, expecting a raffle table, t-shirts & sweats, as well as registration and one for the food. Are we good for the dust, Shahna?

OK Finally finished this project last night. This is my donation to the raffle.
DOMO meets Safari!!! Take an adventure on the wild side! ;)

Attachments

• DOMO Safari house.JPG
    DOMO Safari house.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 24
I can't believe the show is so close to home and I can't make it! It's a bit wet and on the cool side here, so dress warm! Have fun everyone and make sure to post lots of pics!!!

Congratulations Shahna on your Grand and Reserve Show Champ!

Wonderful show! Thank you Sue and Claire for all your work in making it happen. Great seminar on grading by Jerry (and Joanne) Craner and a grooming demo by Shahna. Thank you! I learned a lot, had fun, and got to hang out with some awesome people. It was great seeing everyone again and meeting a few new folks too. Hope to see you at future shows Doug!

I brought three chinchillas. My cutie white male Aeden took section champ male. My black velvet Arwen took reserve section male. My fat white female Akira took "just" a 1B :)neener: @ Ryan). Christine took her home along with the Dark Star male from the raffle. :thumbsup: I won Christine's Domo Safari house (which my girls are already enjoying).

I won't be around in the fall, but I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again next year!

Will post a few pics later after I have some time to sort through them.

Hey now, if we're gonna perpetuate the essence of a joke, the "just a" refers to "just a first place" instead of a 1a or 1b. My white male Jedi took a 1b also, and I'm excited about that since he was my first kit. Anyhow, we were all pretty loopy after the #longestbeigecolorphasejudgingever @Sumiko and Allison! If I tweeted, that would have made it on there.:tease:

Great educational show and congrats to the winners!

I had a greeeeeeeeeeeat time, no kids, no big kid (hubby) it was so relaxing!
Was nice seeing old faces, and meeting new peeps. I didn't bring any chins to the show, but didn't skip out on bringing new critters home!

It was very nice meeting Doug of Dark Star, and watching him critique the animals. The Craner's, always a pleasure, and dinner at the Cheese Cake Factory, awesome!
Thank you to all who put this together, and all the awesome work of the people @ the show!
I'll share some pictures here. Not great, but an insight for those who have never went. Great charts by the Craner's. Always learning, and growing, great teachers they are~! Shahna for the grooming demo, and tips.

Attachments

• Craners and Dark Star Doug.jpg
    Craners and Dark Star Doug.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 32
  • chins.jpg
    chins.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 27
  • behind the table.jpg
    behind the table.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 27
  • animals.jpg
    animals.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 28
  • grading chart 1.jpg
    grading chart 1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 25
more pictures......

Attachments

• grading chart 2.jpg
    grading chart 2.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 22
  • chart 3.jpg
    chart 3.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 19
  • chart 4.jpg
    chart 4.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 20
  • chart 5.jpg
    chart 5.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 20
Field Day results

Class 4 White male Color Section Alison Foster MARF A1

Class 2 Beige female Color Section Shahna Thomas RIDG A72
Class 3 Beige male Reserve Color Section Sumiko De la Vega CCHT A32
Class 4 Beige female Reserve Color Section Sumiko De la Vega CCHT A36

Class 4 Sapphire female Color Section Claire Russell/Chinchillas Northwest HUN 294B

Class 4 Violet female Color Section Sue Irvin LVC-A22

Class 3 Standard Male Reserve Color Section Doug Griffith/Dark Star Chinchillas STAR A15
Class 3 Standard Male Color Section Sumiko De la Vega CCHT A18

Class 3 Ebony male Reserve Color Section Jerry Craner JJC-A-85
Class 3 Ebony male Color Section Shahna Thomas MWDC Z28
Class 4 Ebony female Color Section Shahna Thomas EBG A1901

Class 3 Black Velvet male Reserve Color Section Alison Foster MARF A4
Class 4 Black Velvet female Reserve Color Section Elisa Carter MERU A3

Class 3 Beige male Reserve Ch male of show Jerry Craner JJC-A-111
Class 3 Black Velvet Champion male of show Shahna Thomas RIDG A34

Class 4 Black Velvet female Reserve Ch female of show Shahna Thomas RIDG A49
Class 4 White female Champion Female of show Shahna Thomas RIDG A8

Class 4 Black Velvet female Reserve Grand Show Shahna Thomas RIDG A49
Class 4 White female Grand Show Champion Shahna Thomas RIDG A8

Congratulations to everyone. It was an awesome Field Day.

Latest posts

Back