Well...that's a first...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a little camper right now and you can tell when he's pooping. Right after, his mom will say "are you pachoo?" (as in the noise you make when something smells) and he'll just smille big and give us his best 18 month old "ya!" I should sign your chin up for "taking responsibility 101 with Caden"

I'm going to ask a dumb question.... Chins fart? Seriously? Why have I never heard this before?

Possibly because bloat is the only gas condition talked about widely in chinchillas. While bloat is very serious and deadly, it is normal for chinchillas to have gas in their intestinal tract. Their intestines work in the same ways ours do by involuntary muscle contractions to move food and waste through the system. Gas does get moved through, but typically you can't hear a chin fart or smell them. You really have to be around them at the perfect time or 24/7 to know they pass gas, lol.

He acts like he's just so innocent. He's lucky he's a cuddly sweetheart or I might not be so forgiving of him farting in my face!

Back