Well...that's a first...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDZCRanch

RavenousDeadlyZombieChins
I typically don't like stories without pictures but I need to share. I'll include a picture of the culprit for funsies as well. ;)

Yesterday, my friend and I were in the chin room. I was introducing her to some of the chins since she only knows a couple of their names. Well, as we're walking around, I got a whiff of intestinal gas. I've had a couple chinchillas die from bloat and the smell I got had me instantly checking every single cage to make sure the chins were ok. No one was stretching or doing anything other than looking at me like I was nuts. I went sniffing across the room, didn't smell it towards the back and caught a faint whiff near the grower cages before the smell was gone again. I decided to ignore it and as I'm standing next to the grower cages I catch a big whiff of the smell again. I lean next to the cage where the smell is strongest which has a beige male and a standard male that were weaned about a month ago. The beige, Ibid, looks at me, turns away from me, lifts his tail and lets out a toot as he ran away. *sigh* Why me?

I took him out and checked him for all the signs of bloat. He isn't stretching or twisting, his belly is not firm beyond what it usually is and there are no popping noises in his belly. I gave him a bit of simethicone as a precaution which he was more than happy to take, lol. He hasn't tooted since that last one in my face. He really needs to learn not to scare me with chinny farts!

How can something with such an innocent face and adorable chewed little ears make such a nasty smell??

Attachments

• Ibid.jpg
    Ibid.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 96
  • Ibid2.jpg
    Ibid2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 86
In the 1st picture it looks like he's thinking "What? Don't look at me like you've never tooted before..these humans nowadays..." With a cutie like him, I wouldn't mind the toots!

:rofl: :laughitup: :hilarious: Ok I'm done laughing. Sort of.....:laughitup:

Haha. My chins haven't farted at me, but our cat Verde lets one off once in a while, and she's always sitting next to me, lol. They are rank, but she's the cutest, so I put up with it.

Typical boy... ;)

In all of my years of chin companionship, I have yet to experience the chinnie fart...thank goodness.

He is a total doll! :)

It's amazing that after 10 years, they can still do something completely out of the blue that's new for me. I love my little Ibid no matter how stinky he is. He was beat up very badly by his sisters when he was about a week old. They almost blinded him in one eye and they left him bald. Thankfully he's had a few months to recover and because I had to take care of all of his wounds, he's just more of a lovey baby that loves snuggles.

he is gorgeous! i honestly didnt know chinchillas could pass gas with smelly effects. actually i didnt know they could pass it at all with a sound. i always thought it came out as gass bubbles in their poop.

Hahaha! As my 4 year old little nephew said smiling and sheepish when he farted in front of everyone, "Whoops, that was a frog."

My "nephew" (I'm friends w/ his mom so I'm a courtesy Aunt) calls them "noise poops". :thumbsup:

I think this belongs under the "You Know You're Owned by Chinchillas When" thread: you wander around the entire chin room *in front of a guest* trying to figure out who farted." :laughitup:

He looks like a lil stinker. I thought it was going to turn out to be you friend. As Jack said in "The Bucket List" Never trust a fart!

Is it sad that this thread got this in my head?

"Beans, beans, the tropical fruit...the more you eat, the more you toot!"

Tab...you know you're not supposed to give them beans....
:rofl:

ps...thanks for not attempting to capture photographs of the farting. :hilarious:

Back