Well, Remy was lonely, so... (pic heavy)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Cassadaga

Remy just seemed so sad whenever I went to bed. He'd slump over on the ledge and sit there watching me at night. So I went back to the lady from kijiji and got Remy's little brother. She said he is 12 weeks old. So they are not from the same litter, and I suppose from different mothers considering they are only 3 months apart in age? As of now, he is nameless. I want to give him an R name because all my other pets have them, but I can't think of anything I like.

Here he is:
Picture273.jpg

Remy sitting on the pipe behind the toilet with the little guy sitting underneath
Picture272.jpg

The little guy started crying, so Remy ran over and hugged him. So cute!
Picture271.jpg

Very cute chinnie.

Though, for future reference, please quarantine any new chinnies. This entails getting a separate cage and all the accessories, and putting the new chin in a different room away from your current chin. This allows the new chin to become comfortable with it's new surroundings (get used to the new bacteria in the area), and in addition it gives you the opportunity to monitor the new chin for any health issues, which is especially a concern when purchasing a chinchilla from Kijiji.

Please do watch out for any abnormal poops, hair loss, coughing/sneezing, discharge with your new, and even your current chinnie. I would also check, just to be on the safe side, that they are both in fact males.

ETA: It seems that you have got the chins from the same person? How long have you had your original chin for?

Last edited:
I would have kept them seperated, but they were cagemates in their old home. Is that still not okay?

LOL I think its funny your chinnie and my SON have the same name!! I say name him Rupert, I had a lizard named that once. Or... Rembert (My son's newest nickname, lol)

They are most likely fine.

Congrats on the new little guy!

Romy, short for Romulus.

I realize Remi probably isn't short for anything. But if I had a pair of brothers I would name then Remus and Romulus. Call then Remi and Romy. I think its cute and historical. Hurray!

I'm stuck between Renny, Rusty, and Rigby. :S
So hard to choose.

I have decided to name him Reny :)
It means 'small and mighty' which really suits him!

Yeah Reny sounds too much like Remy, as Sasha stated..
So I'm naming him Momo, even though it's not an R name, I think it is perfect for him.

Back