water bottle question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheltiefan

I just got chi chi a new glass water bottle for chi chi.
But i noticed it keeps sliding and not staying straight up.
Any hints on keeping it from sliding?

This is the exact reason I despise horizontal bar cages. I recommend getting a second spring, like the one holding the bottle on now but shorter, and attaching it to the bottom of the bottle (around the area where the bottle attaches to the nozzle).

I'm at work right now so I can't take a picture, but when I get home this evening I'll take a picture of what I mean.

Any hardware store carries the springs. I have seen them at Ace Hardware specifically, but if that small of a hardware store carries them I am sure the larger ones do. They should have similar clips as well. I would just bring the spring you have already with you and show it to them. They should then be able to show you what they have similar. Just remember to get one about half the size as you want it to be fairly tight and it won't be going around the whole bottle, just the nozzle portion.

PM me your address. In case you can't find the clips, I'll mail you two tomorrow morning. It should be to you the day after since we are so close. It would only be $.44 to ship so I'm not worried about payment.

Here is a picture of what I am referring to.

IMG_2090.jpg

I mailed off the two clips this morning so you should have them by tomorrow.

thanks for posting that pic crysta! i have the same problem in a couple of my cages. and ACE is right around the corner from me.

Thanks crysta. Your such a life saver. You and you hubby should come by my house for a swim or something and we bbq. I owe you SO much.
BTW... Chi chi LOVES her new food

Back