water bottle problem

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siylvat

In the last two months I have had 3 super pet water bottles fall off my FNs and smash on the floor. (two just last week Tuesday and Wednesday). I don't know if it is from them running on the wheel or what, but I wasn't in the room either time so I'm not sure what they were doing when it fell.

It is very frustrating though. Anyone else have this problem w/ the FN? Is there a way to get the bottles to be more secure? Are there any water bottles that work better on the FN than other bottles?

I use Lixit glass bottles on all my FN's. I've never had a problem with them falling off and I have saucers and chin spins in my cages.

I also haven't had a problem with the lixit bottles coming off the FN's, though I also haven't had a problem with the Super Pet ones. Are you sure your springs are tight enough? You can always buy new spring holders from any hardware store.

I also haven't had a problem with the lixit bottles coming off the FN's, though I also haven't had a problem with the Super Pet ones. Are you sure your springs are tight enough? You can always buy new spring holders from any hardware store.

The springs seem tight enough.

I have to buy a few new ones anyway, so maybe I will buy a few of the Lixit glass and see how I like them.

One thing you can do is attach a piece of that wire hardware cloth I think it's called. Cut out a square to neatly fit like two bars wide and one bar length, attach with wire or zip ties. Now you can position the bottle more to your liking. Be careful of sharp edges

I had a bottle that kept "mysteriously" falling off the cage in the middle of the night. It was one of the kind that is just a spring, no bracket to help hold it. One night I was watching the boys run around and one of them got under it and pushed it out. I moved it so that they had to stand to drink from it (so they couldn't get leverage under it) and they quit knocking it off and still drink from it.

Latest posts

Back