Water Bottle Ounces/Number of Chins?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Diva Chins

So, this question has been bugging me. In Bubbles's cage I have a 8 oz. water bottle just for her. For the girls who are housed together, I have a 16 oz. etc. I was wondering what ounce bottle you use for how many number of chins since I was thinking about switching.

I have 8 ounce bottles on my single's cages and a 16 on my pair's cage. But to me it doesn't really matter since I don't fill them up and put new water in daily.

I have a 16oz in one cage and an 8oz in the other (I had originally bought the 16oz when I thought they'd be able to be housed together). If you are using Edstrom bottles, I find the 8oz is easier to see the water level for some reason.

I have a 16 ounce on every cage and in cages with 3 or more I hang two 16 ounce bottles.

I have two cages, each with two chins and have 16oz in each cage. I di re-fill it daily, so I geuss I could have the 8 oz, but it just makes my life easier knowing that if I miss a day or go a little later than planned on the change (usually do first thing in the morning, sometimes do it after work if I work a morning shift) then I know they won't go thirsty...

I think it also depends on how much the chin drinks...one of my girls could go through an 8 oz on her own in a day easy...one of my boys barely drinks at all...I swear he's half camel lol

I only have one chin, so the 8 oz. is plenty big. But Idgie rarely drinks more than 2 oz. per day. I would think that an 8 oz. would be big enough for two if you are changing it daily.

All my cages have 8 oz bottles, whether they have one, two, or three chins. Water needs to be changed often anyway and if they do leak, a smaller bottle leaves less of a wet cage.

Back