water bottle dilema

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dizzytails

Are Glass water bottles suitable for chins?
Tails has taken to chewing the top of her water bottle i'm on my 3rd in as many months.
how she manages this i don't know...she must perch on the top of it i think.
i've moved it up one hole on her cage but if i put it up another so she can`t get on the top
i am worried she wont be able to reach it from inside her cage.
or perhaps there are chew proof bottles?

I didn't get a glass bottle as i wasn't sure they were safe for chins
Only in the past few months has she decided chewing her bottle is a good idea!lol
she has an array of chew toys but insists on chewing her water bottle lol

So far I've been lucky and Luna hasn't taken any interest in plastic. Her bottle is mounted on the outside of her cage so she can only reach the spout, but she could probably get her nose out just enough to take some nibbles. I'll have to be on the ready to get a glass one if she decides the plastic looks tasty!

Rosey used to push her face through her cage bars to bite her plastic water bottle, which was mounted on the outside. I found a very thin piece of wood, and slid that between the bottle and the cage bars, thus blocking her from reaching it. Problem solved!!

I had gizmo's water bottle attached to the outside as well so only the spout came in, I'm pretty lucky since he finds no excitement in chewing on plastic what-so-ever, but the new chin I recently got came with a free glass waterbottle, so...win win I guess! :D

i had a plastic one for about a day just because it was all i could find to buy, then they chewed on it and i switched to glass, and no problems it works great so far!

Her first water bottle she chewed the spout...no doubt doing a balancing act to do this.
Her 2nd one (one just chewed) she has chewed the top of the bottle...how i have no idea but it makea
it impossible to refill.
I am now on the lookout for a glass bottle as Tails is on a chewing mision it seems even though
she has loads of toys to chew!

Latest posts

Back