warning call

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitbullgirl

Earlier this morning my chins woke me up making a warning call but my house was quiet. Could it of been the birds out side? or what?

My chin does that every once in a while. Most of the time I really can't figure out a reason. He'll also do it if he wants his cage to be cleaned. As long as they don't look hurt or anything its nothing to worry about =)

My chin warning calls when she wants out or attention its scared the heck out of me the first few times she did it...sometimes i call it the "I want" call

It could have been a noise outside the house as well. I had a girl who would do that everytime my neighbor started up his motorcycle, a noise I could barely hear, but she heard it.
Or heck, they could have simply been dreaming.
;)

They probably really did want to wake you up. I have a few chins that make all sorts of noises including the alarm call to just get me to go see them and let them out for playtime. Chinchillas learn how to get what they want. Your little guys may have learned that making the loudest noise that they can make summons the humans. :D

My boys both "cry" in their sleep. Usually whoever is crying sleeps through it until the other one wakes them up. I always just figured it was nightmares.

I've heard warning barks from my girl while she was sleeping, it always freaks me out. Silly chin gave me a fricken heart attack today wimpering in her sleep, right before she started barking. I woke up her for scritches, and it calmed BOTH of our nerves! Pheww!

my chin warning calls/kacks in her sleep. it scared me to death in the begining. but now im used to it. she quiets down when i call out "be quite gummi or shush your fine." i figure she has bad dreams and needs comforting. she does it when shes awake sometimes as well.

I do the same thing when Trixie sleep barks. I go sit by her, or just talk quietly. The other night, after I went to bed I guess she barked for a couple minutes, according to my husband. He had not heard her barking in a while, and actually came and woke me up to come "talk to her".

Sprocket sleep barks too. It's both adorable and pitiful at the same time. She's also recently gotten into the habit of barking in the middle of the night when we're traveling and she's in her travel cage. Nothing like being woken up in the middle of the night by a barking chin who won't stop until you sit next to her cage and talk to her. And then just when you think it's safe to go back to sleep...she'll start barking again.

Mine sleep bark (or are frightened by some kind of noise) around 2pm almost every day....It's gotten to the point where I can tell which chin is barking without being in the room with them. Baby Dragon has a pitiful little whimpering bark and Silver Chin generally does one long wheezing bark, like someone stepping on a squeaky toy (EEEEEEEEEHHHHH!). Sid remains silent through all this, lol.

I can tell the difference between my boys "voices" as well. I'm glad to know I'm not alone :)

Yeah, we have two that bark in their sleep...the first being our very first rescue. Suffice it to say, it caught us by surprise, so when we darted over to check on her, we totally got this half-awake look that seemed to say "heeeey, what'd you wake me up for?" Now usually we just pop in and talk to them softly, and even if they're asleep, it goes away almost immediately.

Ours sleep barks constantly! She's only awake barked once, her first night here the train threw her into a panic, but every few nights she barks loud enough to wake me up in a panic, sliding into the room to see her fast asleep in her hammock. Checking in on her wakes her up just enough to demand playtime, though. I'm still working on getting her to realize that at 3am neither she or us are awake enough for that >.>

They probably really did want to wake you up. I have a few chins that make all sorts of noises including the alarm call to just get me to go see them and let them out for playtime. Chinchillas learn how to get what they want. Your little guys may have learned that making the loudest noise that they can make summons the humans. :D

Sooo true! lol

Back