Veterinarians!!! AHH

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tillygizmo

My kids have 4 feety's
So the biggest dilemma I have faced with my chins are finding a good vet. Tilly has had a runny eye for a long long time. No mucus or crust or anything discolored, but still I am concerned. I took her to a vet that said they deal with exotics and they said she was too squirmy to check her back teeth. I think if they really dealt with exotics this would not be an issue at all. plus, they charged me $100!! Now I want to bring the new baby for her first check up and I don't know how to find a good vet. Does anyone have a list or know of a resource. I like in northern NJ.

I would appreciate it ALOT:heart3:

Honestly, visually checking her back teeth and finding nothing glaringly obvious is not going to eliminate the possibility of her having dental issues. She needs to have radiographs done if you suspect she has dental problems. I hope you get some answers!

You can also try Dr. Deborah Adelsohn at Community Animal Hospital in Morris Plains.

http://www.communityanimalhosp.com/

Dr. Adelsohn used to care for my chins when I lived in Morris county and and is familiar with chin issues. I seem to recall she once told me a story about how her room-mate in vet school was a chin hobby breeder.

There are also several other vets at the Hospital one of whom is a veterinary surgeon who has helped with one of my chins that needed a c-section and two other chins with badly broken legs that had to be amputated.

Back