Very scared... What should the penis look like?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So yesterday and today ive noticed that my chinny has been "cleaning" himself down there... Well today he did it twice so im like whats going on? I pick him up to attempt a hair ring check and well... His penis looks like something is wrong with it. It is really fat and pink and it just looks swollen to me... Awkwardly enough i have to ask what should a chinchillas penis look like when erect? I tried to get a picture but it retreated before i could

Also i just looked at hair rings on google to see what im looking for and i didnt see any hair like "strangling" it it just looked really odd

Last edited:
Ok so there wasnt a hair ring but it was a very dark pink and those all seem to be the same size as the sheath his was about twice the size of it.
Is this normal?

Ok so it will become bigger than the sheath when hes... lets says frisky?

Sorry for the question by the way it was probably dumb i just get so scared when anything new and odd happens with any animal

That's a great site, you can view it through Google Translation. The translation is word for word and not grammatically correct. But you should be able to get the gist of what it's saying. http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chinchilla-lexikon.de%2FPenisring-Haarring%2Fchinchilla-hair-ring-check_.html&sl=de&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

Lee, don't feel bad. When I first saw Mr. Whiskers cleaning himself, I thought, "Why is he doing that to his foot???". When I finally realized that it was NOT his foot, I couldn't believe my own eyes!!!

Since I was a new chinchilla owner and had not yet discovered the forums, I searched the internet for the question, "How long is an erect chinchilla penis?" The first answer that came up was "...longer than you would expect." Boy, I'l say!!! Let's just say that there is a LOT to learn about our favorite furry friends!!!

Pretty much like the pics on the other site, but looks longer. Gross, I know. But I would still rather have a scarily endowed male chin than a female that squirts urine at me. ;p

hehehe........i have a BOY who sprays me! yes he does, he gets right up on his hind legs and jumps forward while squirting pee at me. he mostly does this when I am trying to get him either from his cage to playtime for from playtime to his cage.

Back