*****venting*****

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mommyslittlechins2010

I was just on a web page and was reading this article about a lady who was attacked by a chin on an airplane. Now mind you this chin chewed thru his cage. and got out. the chin went over to this lady and was climbing up her leg and she freaked and ran . she said he chin had no ears. but it hink it was scared and chins throw thier ears back when they are afraid . so she did reseach on them and was making smart remarks about them.

so i left a message back saying that chins aren't bad animls and that you need to do more research. so as you scroll down the page there she has a pic of a chin in a metal cage and has fangs on the pic and blood on the fangs ...

this is where the venting comes in..... I thought the pic was insulting especially for soem one who is a chin owner and knows that thier not bad animals. and that their harmless. why do people have to miss judge an animl before they do research on them?? what was this chick thinking of? i hate when people don't take the time to learn about things. right away they think it's going to hurt them or attack them .. attack is something a snake would od or a dog but a chin come on ...

i just thought it wasn't right for her to post a pic of a chin n with fangs and blood on the fangs making th chin look mean ...

I totally understand. Some people just don't know what there doing.

You're probably too young to remember a singer named Arlo Guthrie, son of famous singer Woody Guthrie.

He became famous for his song, "Alice's Restaurant". You should try to get it and listen to it just for cultural literacy. Since it takes place on Thanksgiving, NPR traditionally plays it every year on Thanksgiving Day.

It's a long, winding tale, but sooo entertaining. The chorus goes, "You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant".

The internet reminds me of this, because, on the internet, you truly CAN get anything you want, no matter HOW crazy!!! ;)

i read the article and it just seems like a case of an overdramatic girl.

dont waste your breath and energy on this story. i'll bet no one reads it! lol

From the article, it sounds like the chin was just on her stuff. It didn't even chase her or anything, haha. And she hates animals to begin with. Huh.

I've seen that picture on other sites, though.

She is definitely a drama queen and she states "she hates all animals except for puppies and kittens " Right now my eyes are rolling so far back in my head, it is a wonder they don't get stuck :crazy:

another case of spoiled brat, with no life who has to make things up to look "cool." Id like to slap her cross the face and say "SNAP OUT OF IT" like Cher.

that's what i thought . I just didn't like how she made chinchilla sound. she gave chins a bad name.... and i'm not down with that at all. A lady that my mom works with told my mom that they don't live long on 3 yrs. and they bite and soemthing else. and my mom told me what she said and i said no. if it was to bite i was not bring them into my house with young children. i did my homework on them for years . andi'm still learing as i'm going here with the three that i have..

From the article, it sounds like the chin was just on her stuff. It didn't even chase her or anything, haha. And she hates animals to begin with. Huh.

agreed !!! i wasn't happy witht he article. whrn i read it i was like what in the h**l is that about. at first i thought it was joke. like the chins was climbing on them and they were playing. but the more i read it the i p***ed off and wasn't happy. and yet to scoll down st the end of the page to see a pic of the chin with fangs and blood on them that p***ed me off even more ...

another case of spoiled brat, with no life who has to make things up to look "cool." Id like to slap her cross the face and say "SNAP OUT OF IT" like Cher.

i'm a huge animal lover and i think i'm more of an animal lover no than i've ever been since i hsd my boys.. i had animals my whole life growning up and so did my fiance . but that just mad me mad ... i'm sure other sites ahve that pic on it but it's just not right. it amkes people think that chinchillas are really visious animals and they do bite and they do attack humans. but that's not the case. thier more scared of us than we are of them

your right i don't rember the singer. and i'm 29 so it was probably int he 70's or late 80's . lol lol lol but i just can't get over how people are ...

You're probably too young to remember a singer named Arlo Guthrie, son of famous singer Woody Guthrie.

He became famous for his song, "Alice's Restaurant". You should try to get it and listen to it just for cultural literacy. Since it takes place on Thanksgiving, NPR traditionally plays it every year on Thanksgiving Day.

It's a long, winding tale, but sooo entertaining. The chorus goes, "You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant".

The internet reminds me of this, because, on the internet, you truly CAN get anything you want, no matter HOW crazy!!! ;)

It is some girl giving a dramatic detail of her account. Try to put yourself in her shoes. She has a fear of animals. She had dozed off and was woken up by a light and told that there is a chinchilla loose. She has no idea what a chinchilla is. To be honest, if there was some animal (unknown to me) running around I would probably freak out too...and I like animals.

If it chewed out of it's cage maybe it was some mutant chinchilla. :hilarious:

I didn't find this offensive at all. But maybe that's just me.

Last edited:
i dont like how she made chinchillas a bad animal. the picture is just horible and obviously fake. shes just a drama queen

i get that but i wouldn't go and make a big deal about it and then make a mean pic of the animal. casue that is not true. and think she was in the wrong... And that is when you ask whatkind of animal it is ... the girl was jsut a dumb b***H that is probably a priss and jsut can't deal with animals at all she said her self she doesn't liek animals . jsut puppies and kittens even them i dont' hink she likes..

It is some girl giving a dramatic detail of her account. Try to put yourself in her shoes. She has a fear of animals. She had dozed off and was woken up by a light and told that there is a chinchilla loose. She has no idea what a chinchilla is. To be honest, if there was some animal (unknown to me) running around I would probably freak out too...and I like animals.

If it chewed out of it's cage maybe it was some mutant chinchilla. :hilarious:

I didn't find this offensive at all. But maybe that's just me.

agreed the pic looks bad and it does give chins a bad name.. i'm sorry but that story and pic just bothered me ... i know i sound like a nut but i don't like to see things that aren't true about something posted bad like that .. i guess i'm so senstive to this kind of subject ... :)

i dont like how she made chinchillas a bad animal. the picture is just horible and obviously fake. shes just a drama queen

Back