Updates and please offer support to little girl with cancer

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riven

Bad Chin
I've been gone for a while, I've been so busy with finishing nursing school, taking boards, and now going through my orientation process but even with that what has been keeping us the most busy is my daughter Hailey's little sister was diagnosed with Ewing's Sarcoma ( a rare form of bone cancer) this spring, just weeks after her 4th birthday. We helped put together a benefit auction thanks to the help of my parents, we're selling bracelets, etc.

What I'd really love your help with is the butterfly benefit. The only cost is a stamp. We are trying to get 20,000 butterflies to fly (by mail of course) to Josie's house before September 1st to show how much support she has.

The requested size is 4" x 4" although that's not a set size. We have some coming from Australia and Taiwan from some of our friends, but would love to see them from all over the US and the world! They can be anything, colored, drawn, painted, stained glass even, the material does not matter. We do ask that you put your name and where you are on the back. We are going to help her track where they butterflies all come from so she can see all of the people everywhere rooting for her!

If you have facebook there is a prayer page for her : Josie Harris there is also an events page for the butterflies: Butterflies for Josie Harris

or you can send them right to the address here:

Josie Harris
226 N 3rd Street
David City, NE 68632

I hope that you can spare a little bit of time to help brighten Josie, and her families day. You can send multiple butterflies or just one, there is really not limitations!

Thanks so much, I know how wonderful the chin world is and am sure many of you will help to brighten her day!

Attachments

• josie getting chemo.jpg
    josie getting chemo.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 82
  • josie on bike.jpg
    josie on bike.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 84
I am so sorry to hear about your daughter! What a heartbreaking diagnosis, and how incredibly scary this must be for you and your family. I have a son with epilepsy, and I know how that affects me, so I can imagine how you must be feeling, and how it can be, at times, to stay strong. Your daughter must have a passion for butterflies, and I think this is a wonderful idea. I know my family would love to help show our support, and we'll start sending some butterflies your way. I hope this can help brighten her spirits, until she is totally healthy once again!

It's my daughters, half sister on her dad's side, but it's affected all of us extensively as we're trying to help where we can be be supportive, a LOT of driving and phone calls.

Every butterfly will help give hope and show her support, we have a lady who is sending her a world map that you hang on the wall to mark where they all come from!

Latest posts

Back