Updated NY/NE show info.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll probably be there too!
Last year we were 3 French Canadians and won like 6-7 of the Chinease Auction prices loll Hope my luck will be the same this year too!

I apologize if I missed it...but does anyone know who the judge will be this year?

The chapter is also looking for sponsors for trophies:

Grand Show Champ - Saphires Chinchillas
Reserve Grand - Paul K.
Grand Show Female - Megan Farris
Grand Show Male - French Creek Chinchillas
Reserve Female - Poetrue Pets
Reserve Male - $20 Godin Chinchillas
1st Place Baby Derby - $10 Saphires Chinchillas

Thank you!

What do you do at the chin shows? csn you just bring a chin and show it even though your not selling it? and if you don't have chin to show can you just go and meet other chin owners and breeders? and buy stuff???

Only at claim shows do you have to put a price on your chin - this show is not a claim show so you can enter your chin without having to sell it. And yes, you can come to the show without showing anything. If you're coming to meet other owners and breeders, it would be better to come early like during grooming - once the show starts everyone is supposed to be pretty quiet so people can hear the comments from the judges. But everyone is generally pretty friendly if you're not too shy to introduce yourself. =) There will be at least one person selling items at this show, maybe a couple more - and if there's a chin you find you like, there's no harm in asking the owner if it's for sale. =)

I might be interested in making a day of it and driving up.
Who's going to be there selling supples?
What's going to be included in the "Chinese Auction"?

man if it were ever the same weekend as the Sheep and Wool festival up that way I'd be there in a flash.

usually there is food, dust, and supplement. I think I am going to go out and buy a nice set of towels-haven't decided for sure though. Last year there wasn't much so hopefully more this year.

Jessica

Yes, anyone can show, but if you plan on entering her you may want to start dusting her every night! I start dusting every night for just a few minutes four weeks before the show, and stop three days before the show.

I usually dust her 3 days a week, I'm sure my little doll would love the extra time in the bath.

It's funny, I live in Kingston, and I had no idea this ever went on in the town next to me, so I have no idea what to expect..

Latest posts

Back