Updated NY/NE show info.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mazaklove

Saturday, September 18, 2010
The Reformed Church of Port Ewen
Salem Street Port Ewen, NY 12466

Registration starts at 7am
Classification begins at 9am
Lunch will be served, price & menu TBA
Bring a DESSERT to share!

Cost:
M.C.B.A members $4.00 per animal
Attending and not showing animals $2.00

This will be an optional claiming show!

Also,

Baby Derby
Live Animal Raffle
50/50 Raffle
Chinese Auction/Raffle (any donations appreciated for the raffle table)

Pet Friendly Hotels, 3 miles North of Port Ewen, in Kingston NY

Super 8 (845) 338-3078
Rodeway Inn (845) 331-2900
Quality Inn & Suites (845) 339-3900
Holiday Inn (845) 338-0400

Saturday, September 18, 2010
Also,
Baby Derby
Live Animal Raffle
50/50 Raffle
Chinese Auction/Raffle (any donations appreciated for the raffle table)

...Baby derby?? As in...Babies running? With their cute little wobbly legged gaits?!
*dead of cute*

The baby derby is when they are judged by cuteness. They are in show cages and have jars next to each cage and you put a quater in the jar(s) of your favorite and whichever one has the most wins.

The baby derby is when they are judged by cuteness. They are in show cages and have jars next to each cage and you put a quater in the jar(s) of your favorite and whichever one has the most wins.

I can see myself with a roll of quarters, putting a few of them in every jar, cuz all bebbies are cute. ;)

That's how the York Baby Derby is run, not all baby derbies are the same. In Ohio, every attendee gets a ticket and therefore can only vote for one kit. This is the first time NY/NE has had a baby derby so I'm not sure how it's going to be run.

what's a chinese auction/raffle?

What other chapters refer to as their raffled "door prizes" which isn't really the correct name since the items are not given away just because you showed up. I guess Chinese Auction is the correct name for it.

It's where each item has it's own bag for you to put raffle tickets in.

The board discussed how we are going to do the baby derby and we are going to have you vote with quarters like they did at the York Show!

A chinese auction/raffle is where their are items for examples: feed, gift baskets, animal and human items that people donate to the show and you can buy chances(tickets) to win the items. Say there are 20 items and you buy a certain amount of tickets, you can put all the tickets on one item or you can put a ticket on each item!

I would like to see the babies at least 8 wks. old. up to 4mos. I would say. I don't think there has ever been an age limit.

Trophy Sponsors

The chapter is also looking for sponsors for trophies:

Grand Show Champ - Saphires Chinchillas
Reserve Grand - Paul K.
Grand Show Female - Megan Farris
Grand Show Male - French Creek Chinchillas
Reserve Female - Poetrue Pets
Reserve Male - $20 to sponsor
1st Place Baby Derby - $10 to sponsor

Your name or ranch name will be put on the plaque as a sponsor.

If you are interested in sponsoring one of the two remaining trophies please email me and I will send you more info. [email protected] (subject: sponsor trophy)

So is there someone who wants to be my chaperon and make sure I don't buy any/all chinchillas while I'm there? Cause that would help me out a lot :p

So is there someone who wants to be my chaperon and make sure I don't buy any/all chinchillas while I'm there? Cause that would help me out a lot :p

I'll do it Britt! hahah I need someone to watch me too, seriously 6 has got to be my limit :wacko:

Latest posts

Back