UPDATE: Little Jimmy the crippled baby

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JUST what I've been waiting for!!!

Oh, Tabitha -- he's ADORABLE!!! :hearts: I could watch videos of him all day!!! I love how well he gets around already -- he looks a little bit like how Little Two Paws skitters along.

Where did they end up doing the amputations??? The nubbins look good, but they look mighty short. He seems to not be in a lot of pain, is he???

Give him an extra snuggle and a kiss from me!!!

Lynn, they amputated at the knees. You can see his little legs wobble around but because the legs never developed, there isn't really distinction between his back legs and his body like a normal chinchilla. You can see his legs move when he wiggles but otherwise it looks as if he had full amputation. He doesn't seem like he's in a lot of pain...he runs around like a maniac and his new favorite thing is dodging my hand because he can, lol.

Wow. What a strong little boy. He is such a fighter. We love all the updates of him over here.

Lynn, they amputated at the knees. You can see his little legs wobble around but because the legs never developed, there isn't really distinction between his back legs and his body like a normal chinchilla. You can see his legs move when he wiggles but otherwise it looks as if he had full amputation. He doesn't seem like he's in a lot of pain...he runs around like a maniac and his new favorite thing is dodging my hand because he can, lol.

Well, I'm so glad that he's feeling and doing so well!!!

Yay Jimmy! I'm so happy he made it through ok. I loved his videos. Those were some good looking poopies he left behind.

I was very happy to see the poops! Wait to go, Jimmy! Can't wait to see pics as he gets bigger, and hopefully there are no issues with recovery.

Just showed the video to my boyfriend. We know it is sad that he has to waddle but me and my boyfriend think chinchilla waddles are the best thing ever! :D

His waddles are pretty much the cutest thing I've seen a baby chin do.

I have not tried to let him roll at all yet, Booboo. I've been dusting him by hand, but that does very little for him since I hold him near constantly during the day. He's out quite a bit for feeding, cleaning and medicating so it's hard to keep that greasy look off him. He'll get a chance to roll in a couple weeks when the suture areas are healed. I'll video it for everyone, lol.

I don't know how you can be so cruel, Tab ................. I mean, fancy posting those videos of possibly one of the cutesy kits I've ever seen when I'll never get the chance to meet him in the fur??
It's downright cruel, I tell you!! :laughitup:

He looks amazingly bright & perky considering he went through an anaesthetic & double amputation - look at him troughing away in that bowl of food. NOM NOM NOM!

Fingers & paws crossed here at Monty's Manor for a full recovery for the little fur ball. :heart:

Tab he looks like he is doing great. Look how well he is moving around just after surgery. He looks very perky, and like he is really recovering from the ordeal extremely well.

Back