Um. What is it?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I swear by White Vinegar to stop the itching and stinging, it will sting at first but then the relief ahhhhhhh. Put it on a paper towel and put it on the spots it will also disinfect and dry up the lesions. Good luck, I have eczema and during my flares it can be really itchy and sore and this is one of my favorite solutions.

I honestly don't know... Lol

Dumb question. Is it better to pop the blisters or leave them go?

Last edited:
Leave the blisters go if you pop them you risk infection, for this I know. As far as the White Vinegar every 15 minutes is recommended, I usually do it 3 times a day. I put some lavender oil around when I do it cause it smells like the worst salad possible. It is sooooo worth the smell though. Even my dermatologist recommends it to everyone.

if it's poison oak and you pop them the oil in the blister will spread the rash........

Never pop the blisters from anything. the best thing you can do and I know you don't want too, is get your hair up off of it. Wear your hair in a high pony tail if you can. I'm not sure about poison oak but Stewart was the poison ivy king as a kid and the only thing that helped was a visit to the doctor for prescription meds.

I've been keeping my hair off of it. It's not that I don't WANT to, it just extends the pain. Today hasn't been as bad with the itching, which is good since the itching woke me up around 4 AM, so here's to crossing fingers that it's healing and is one of those "worse before better" deals...

Here's some pics from tonight. I'm so confused as to whether it's getting better or worse. :(

Honestly, it seems to look better in the morning than at night, which I don't understand. I haven't had my labcoat on at all today, and my hair's been kept in a loose pony tail/bun to keep as much hair off as possible without irritating it. :cry3: I'm so over this

Attachments

• 100_1658.jpg
    100_1658.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 100_1656.jpg
    100_1656.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 100_1648.jpg
    100_1648.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 72
Looking like it is in the healing process but still pretty gnarly. I use Tea tree oil. It dries up boils and such and prevents/kills infection.

I'm like fire ant and mosquito candy and get bit daily. I can't stop itching them after they bite me - the tea tree oil takes the itching away and when I do pop the fire ant bites it keeps them from getting infected. I originally got it to combat acne and it does a great job of that too.

Some people have a reaction to it, best to test it on a normal section of your arm first... here's the one I use.

Last edited:
Well, it seems to be scabbing over and the itching is pretty well gone. Thank goodness, because it was keeping me up at night. I have 4 more days of prednisone, and the littlest spots on my chest are going away. Keith swears it doesn't look any better, but his mom told me not to listen to him... Lol

Ok, so. Tomorrow is the last day of my prednisone. And here is what my neck looks like... It doesn't so much itch, but it is still a bit sore, and it doesn't seem to be quite going away... :banghead: And I'll admit... I didn't wait until it was 100% gone to jump up on a horse. Instead I got on 3... but only have pics to share from 2 of them.

Attachments

• 100_1734.jpg
    100_1734.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 100_1733.jpg
    100_1733.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 72
  • 100_1732.jpg
    100_1732.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 100_1718.jpg
    100_1718.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 100_1706.jpg
    100_1706.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 74
Redness and irritation can take a while to fade away. As long as the itching and burning stops, that's key. I think it looks definitively better, I don't know what Keith is talking about!!

Also--horsies!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back