Um...I did a thing...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IvoryBolt

This is tentatively my new boy..I'll be meeting him Saturday afternoon, and if I like him, will be bringing him home. Initially was just seeing what was in the area...but this little man caught my eye...oops...xP (Rou's old cage and toys and area have been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized). I just couldn't justify having all that fun chin stuff sit empty...

So here he is...no name as of yet...=3 (If I'm not mistaken...he's a mosaic, right?)

Attachments

• spotted.jpg
    spotted.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 78
I'm sorry to hear about Rou, it's funny how little they spend in our lives but how big of an impact they can make.
By the way his marking is adorable. If you get him you need to post tons of pictures!

Sorry about Rou. I can imagine seeing an empty cage is hard. This little guy is adorable. He's a mosaic, probably with some ebony in his background with how dark that spot is.

I'm sorry to hear about Rou, it's funny how little they spend in our lives but how big of an impact they can make.
By the way his marking is adorable. If you get him you need to post tons of pictures!

It was crazy! I still have to stop myself from checking on him and giving loves every morning and night. He was always so excited when I woke up...

And I definitely will!! He looks so sweet, and seems to be a cuddler!! I can't wait for Saturday!

Sorry about Rou. I can imagine seeing an empty cage is hard. This little guy is adorable. He's a mosaic, probably with some ebony in his background with how dark that spot is.

It is =[ Especially since it's in my closet and I have to see it multiple times a day xP

That's what a Breeder (who I may be getting a pink white male from as well) in vegas was saying...He thinks TOV or just ebony mosaic. We'll see if this girl still has papers on him, would be interesting to see!!

and then these are the pink whites...the breeder is keeping one, and I'm more than likely getting the other =D

Attachments

• babies.jpg
    babies.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 43
Well, whenever I've lost a pet the others usually help a lot. Good luck with your probably new best friend(s), they look like cuties.

Some people replace a chin right away (me) and some people wait, its all what is right for you, there are no correct answers, have fun with your new chin!

Some people replace a chin right away (me) and some people wait, its all what is right for you, there are no correct answers, have fun with your new chin!

I've never had to deal with such a sudden death, but apparently I replace right away as well! I'm so excited for him

Well, whenever I've lost a pet the others usually help a lot. Good luck with your probably new best friend(s), they look like cuties.

I can see how they would! I'm so sad I don't have a buddy to sit in my closet with right now...it was my favorite part of my mornings and nights!

I can see how they would! I'm so sad I don't have a buddy to sit in my closet with right now...it was my favorite part of my mornings and nights!
I used to sleep with two large breed dogs in a twin sized bed. It was so odd not hearing snoring and having space to sleep... I had to play music and get a ton of pillows and a heating pad to trick my brain into thinking they both were there. (the second wouldnt sleep in the bed without the first)
Then I got a puppy and has such bad sleep worrying about her going around the room chewing things or having an accident that i as too tired to miss Daisy when I went to sleep. It was unnecessary the puppy didn't get into things when i slept-only when we left-I have a pic of her head stuck in one of those flappy trash cans lids somewhere... she tried to slink outside to deal with it but we saw.
Her son (after doing all proper testing for the breed and careful selection, I can show OFFA test certificates) also is mischievous. We've got a video from when my dad came home and found yarn... from the front door through to the back, out the dog door into the garage, then out another to the back yard and all over. And he's just sitting there like "I have no idea where it came from, I didn't see anything". My mom excused him saying a raccoon must have come in, not her little grand-fur-baby.
that got off track. it was supposed to just be about the puppy helping but i hope you can picture their goofiness and get a smile. Maybe I can scrounge up the pictures and stuff...

IvoryBolt- I am so sorry for your loss. I know what it is like to have a sudden loss. Congratulations on the new addition though! He is beautiful!

My first two chinchillas I had were in a pair so when one passed away, it took a while for me to decide what to do. Part of me wanted to go out immediately and get another but I didn't know if I wanted to go through introductions and what not so I waited and supplemented with my dog who I had been planning on for a while.

IvoryBolt- I am so sorry for your loss. I know what it is like to have a sudden loss. Congratulations on the new addition though! He is beautiful!

My first two chinchillas I had were in a pair so when one passed away, it took a while for me to decide what to do. Part of me wanted to go out immediately and get another but I didn't know if I wanted to go through introductions and what not so I waited and supplemented with my dog who I had been planning on for a while.

Thank you! I wasn't sure how to handle his loss, as he had been improving so well...but I guess that's the risk of a rescue who's got so many issues

And I don't really like dogs...I have a cat and oodles of snakes...but they're not the same as a Chin xD

So all of a sudden, i started getting a super bad feeling about spotted chin boy. I decided to trust my gut and not get him, and will just be getting one of the Pink-White babies. (My choice, as they're both breeding worthy so far and from great stock, and the breeder knew of my adventures with Rou).

You have to do what you feel is necessary. As far as replacement goes, I don't think that's the right word. You never stop loving them, no matter how long after you lose them. But the excitement and, lets face it, stress of a new arrival seems to make grieving that much easier.

Aww, those little ones are adorable. Good luck and congrats on your new addition. :)

I don't know what I would do if one of my boys passed. I would probably think about it before getting another chin, but I would most likely get another. And it would probably be a color I haven't had before.

Back