Tunnel Of Fun Safe For Chinchilla's

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could not find something called Tunnel of Fun from petsmart put I did find fun tunnel and it looks to be made of plastic, which is not a good idea for chins as they eat plastic and can ingest it when can lead to impaction. A better bet would be to find a cardboard tunnel they can chew on while they play, or look for a fleece tunnel in the for sale section from our forum members for your chin to hang out and sleep in.

You can get a cardboard tube from Lowes. I have one that is 8" diameter and 4 feet long. it cost like $8. Chins love it. It is a cement form tube, found over by the cement stuff. Just do not get the ones they have at Home Depot because the ones they sell have a waxy coating on the inside and thats bad.

I have a picture of my chins in it in my album.

I could not find something called Tunnel of Fun from petsmart put I did find fun tunnel and it looks to be made of plastic, which is not a good idea for chins as they eat plastic and can ingest it when can lead to impaction. A better bet would be to find a cardboard tunnel they can chew on while they play, or look for a fleece tunnel in the for sale section from our forum members for your chin to hang out and sleep in.

Thats so weird, I could find what your talking about but its not plastic but its from the same company and lettering is all the same, and its called Tunnel Of Fun. hmmm :/

@StevieP
I dont have a Lowes around me ): just Home Depot's

And Like my tube looks like that but it is blue and green colored.

I think I have seen what you are referring to. We just can't find it on their website to make sure. If it is cardboard it is ok.

Yep if it's cardboard it is okay--just know though they will chew it and it will disappearing after awhile! But they do love things like that for sure!

I went to a local carpet place and got a free long cardboard tube that Squirrel loves to play in. I just had to trim the ragged edges. The carpet stores just throw them away and won't mind giving you one.

I was wondering about the tubes from Lowes. Are they treated in any way or just plain cardboard? I would have bought them, but I've been a little scared that maybe they have some chemical on them that is not chin safe.

I think they are just plain cardboard.

The question is: Are spirial wound paper tubes made with harmful chemicals, i.e. an adhesive to hold the paper together? These, as well as carpet tubes are like 8 layers of thick paper pressed together.

I was told by someone in the industry that they are not safe due to the release agent on the inner surface.

I would not trust tubes that have been used for carpet or any type of industrial use. Carpet and linoleum off-gas formaldehyde. Do you really want your chin around something that has been in contact with formaldehyde? Not to mention the toxic glues that are used for making the tubes.

Presumably, the made for pet cardboard tubes have been manufactured with a non-toxic glue.

Latest posts

Back