Traveling and worried

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alooper19

Mommy of four chins <3
So, even though I won't be moving for a little over 1 year, I am super nervous about traveling with my chins (4). I have 2 males and 2 females. The drive will be about 5.5/6.0 hours. I am planning on putting the two males in one carrier and the two females in another carrier. This is the carrier I was looking at...
large-17l-x-11-25w-x-11-5h-.jpg

The size is: (17"L x 11.25"W x 11.5"H)

I would be purchasing 2 of these one for the girls and one for the boys.
I wanted to get everyones opinion.

Thank you :thumbsup:

http://www.petmountain.com/product/small-pet-carriers/11442-105554/super-pet-come-along-carriers.html?utm_source=googleproductads&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term={keyword}&gclid=CMaiheXHxrsCFQrxOgodOyoANg

The picture didn't show up, this is it. It's the "large" size.

I'm sure it will work. I have a 15" W x 23" D x 12 1/2" H for just Stanley that gives him more than enough room. It fits his hidey house and he still has over half to play in.

They will be fine. Many of us breeders travel 10-20+ hours minimum to shows, let them sit in show cages and then tote them back 12-20 hours home.

I would probably suggest a cat carrier over those, but it's your preference.

Thank you everyone! I think we'll go with something more sturdy. The reviews for the item I posted said animals have escaped from them, so obviously I will not be putting any chins in that! Thanks again :)

Back