Travel?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockWrapsody

Ok, I know I have asked this before but I have to go to Texas next week to help my daughter. Can I get a smaller cage and keep Izzy in it on the road and while I am there? It is approx an 11 hour drive one way. The cage would have most of his toys and fleece in it. I have a surburban and he can ride in the back seat. I am not sure about leaving him here, I would rather have him close to me and well taken care of. I will be there for about a week. What are your honest thoughts?

Mine go everywhere with me, the travel fine and do fine on trips once they get there. I prefer to have them in a carrier and have the cage separate, in case of a accident the chins won't be tossed around the inside of the cage and if the car breaks down the carrier is easy to transport. Make sure the carrier is secured in the back seat-just use the seat belt to do it.

How big should the carrier be? I have a very tiny one that is a little bigger than he is or should I go for a tiny plastic cat carrier? Do they carry small metal ones?

You could just use a cat carrier or smaller pet taxi. I use those for the trips I take up to Phoenix. Most chins fall asleep for much of the car trip. He'd probably do just fine...unless you want to drop him off here and I can watch him for you. :)

Back