Totally Redid Cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sight

So last week was my spring break and I totally redid Tika's cage. It took a day and a half of off and on working to get it to the final stage. I started with my Quality Cage, disassembled it, made a wooden frame for it, reassembled, then put in an entire new layout of shelves.

Tika had a wheel for over a month and would want nothing to do with it so it got remove (15" dia one). Her hammock also didn't make it in the new arrangement, she would use it just like a ledge, so it got replaced. I think I am going to put a tube in on the left side for her and remove/move the 2 shelves over there.

But anyways... here it is, hope everyone aproves.

TikaCage-6.jpg

TikaCage-7.jpg

TikaCage-8.jpg

TikaCage-9.jpg

TikaCage-10.jpg

It looks nice, what are you using for bedding? Why did you take it apart and attach it to wood just out of curiosity :)?

It looks great. Hopefully you won't have a problem with her chewing the frame. When I modified a cage for one of my chins I had the wire attached on the outside like that and she chewed pretty good through a section of the bottom frame. Just keep an eye out :thumbsup:

Parkerspetchins- it wasn't as sturdy as i wanted, so i had to have big long shelves in there vs. smaller ones she could jump around on. So in building a frame it gained the support so i could put just little jumper ledges in.

3CsMommy-No, it is dead silent, which was a huge plus of doing it. Cut down on a bunch of the normal bouncing around noise.

I<3MyChinnies- I don't foresee it being much of a problem and if it is, i put everything together with screws, so i can remove any one part and replace it if need be.

thanks for the love!

Back