Tips on making fleece liners

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PonyoHAM

Hey everyone! I'll be making my two little fuzzbutts some fleece liners for their ferret nation 182 cage this week and was wondering if anyone had any tips? I have a few questions:

-Blizzard fleece or anti-pill? Benefits of each/difference?
-Pillow case style or attach with hooks or a placemat type that sits on top of the pans (my chins never chew the plastic pans so it won't be a big deal if they get under)
-would fleece be absorbent enough on it's own or should i put a middle absorbent layer of something? if so what should i put in the middle?
-Does anybody have any sewing tips as well? Like trouble with sewing fleece that i may run into?
-tips on getting the perfect fit for the pans?

Thank you so much everyone!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Are you going to use Bass equipment deep pans or are you using the pans that came with the cage? If you use bass pans you wont be able to clip them to the cage. Also, if you use the bass pans you will want to put an absorbent layer in between the 2 fleece layers as when the chins bounce around its very loud, it helps with the noise.

Back