Timothy Hay Bites?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbarile92

Hello,

My mom just got back from the grocery store and she picked up a small bag of Timothy Hay Bites?
I'm not sure if I can gives these to my chins or not? They are Timothy Hay compacted into a medium sized cube. I have been reading the back of the package and I don't think it is harmful for them because it is compacted from air and not from a type of sugar or something that they would use to make it stick all together.

I just wanted to know if I can give these to my three chins or not?

if the ingredients say just timothy hay and nothing else, then they would be fine to give to your chins.

what brand name are they? some brands are good quality, and some frankly suck.

oh, another thing - quite often the pet products sit for a long time in a grocery store, especially anything that isn't cat or dog food. so the nutritional value of these products will go down over time. not a big deal if you are also feeding lots of loose hay and a high quality pellet, IMO, since the majority of your chins' diet is not going to be the hay cubes.

Glad I found this thread.... when I got my chins last week the former owner gave me a huge back of timothy hay cubes; didn't know they were called "bites." :thumbsup: How often do you give a cube to chins? My girls are still babies (three and four months)....or does their age even matter?

the bites are just smaller than the cubes most of us are used to. when i first got my chin one of the nearby supermarket (Wegemans) had them & i got them. they are usually not as fresh as the ones you would get from someone here but they are fine.

i think it was super sweet of your mom to think of your chins!

Latest posts

Back