Thirty day quarantine...and heat

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nerk

Chinchilla Servant
So I've been preparing to bring home a new chin for about a month now. I've been keeping the room she'll be stored in at about 65.
Well, we've been warming up in Wisconsin and it seems that the room shot up to 74 and will not budge.
What do I do? My coldest room is the room I keep my other girls in. I've been looking for other rooms in the house but none are staying cool enough...
I feel like a failure to bringing home my first baby chin, I thought I had it figured out but honestly it's never this hot and humid this early on in the summer.

Edit:She's coming home next week and it seems that it's going to be even hotter and more him humid :hair: this is why summer is my least favorite season!

Last edited:
I live in Central Florida, have both a central A/C unit and a window unit running and the best I can get my chin room is 72 with the outside being in the high 90s. The humidity here in Fl is also a thorn in my side.

As long as she isn't sitting in direct heat, you have a chin chiller or a cool place for her to lay she should be okay. Just keep an eye on her and the quarantine will fly by. :)

You can try a window ac unit. Maybe see if you can borrow one for the quarantine time?

Back