thinking of changing diet?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bianca

hello ! i am in need of more chinchilla food and currently my chinnie eats oxbow.
im thinking of switching to mmazuri, because as i can see on the petsmart website.. it is a lot cheaper in price.

is this a bad idea since hes been on oxbow for a while?

also.. can you reccomend any treats or chew sticks that are okay for him or are they bad for his system? (he really likes them because of his natural tendency to chew. but i dont want to purchase them if they arent healthy).

thank you!

Some chins have had problems with loose poo on mazuri, I would stick with oxbow since you only have 1 chin.

Sandi (here on the forum) sells Oxbow. I don't know if she can ship to Canada but her price is much better than Petsmarts. Also her food is much fresher.

yeah thats true. and it does last pretty long.

thank you! i will stick to oxbow since i know it's good stuff.

I have been using the Alderpark feed since last February I believe. I switched from Oxbow to the Alderpark and all three of my boys have done really really well on it. I have had some nice gains in weight and they look nice as well. (Well except Diesel,..but that is because he is a strange one who goes through "I refuse to dust" phases...LOL! and even on the best food in the world if he won't dust he's gonna look rough :hair:)

The Alderpark pellets are extremely well priced but the shipping is what is a real killer here in Canada so it only makes sense to combine everything you can in an order. Serena sells the pellets, sticks, AND Blue Cloud so a combo essentials order is for sure the best way to go. For 2 years I have been watching prices and shipping and whatnot to get what I need here in Canada and have not found a better way than Chinchilla Park Place.

Oxbow is actually cheaper (pound-for-pound) than Mazuri at Petsmart. Oxbow is a 5lb bag and Mazuri is 2.5lb.

Back