There are mice between the walls, ceiling!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinchillaSteve

Property of Stevie!
Alright,

I love animals, I like to keep them as close as possible but I deffo don't want vermin to be between the walls!

We own the house next to us, where granny lives together with the chins now tonight I was feeding my girls only to hear scratching above my head.

Now the back part of the house where the chins at ain't fully completed yet. (some finishing touches needed)
But there a little crack where the doorway is. Underneath on the floor I found some Isolation. So they are practically destroying the inner structure of the roof :hair:

I feel like getting a container of gas and gas them.

Anyone knows how I can get rid of hem?

It's freaking me out! I'm hearing scritching EVERYWHERE!

We had a mouse problem this year too, we had one bedroom (junkroom) closed up and not used. That's where the mice were hiding. Once I let the cats in there they were so good about getting them.

2 houses ago, I discovered mice. 3 traps, a bit of bacon, and 15 'reloadings' - they were gone!!

Peanut butter on the traps, they have to sit and lick and "smack" there gone!! I found that using cheese they can sneak up and take it before getting smacked.

Peanut butter on the traps, they have to sit and lick and "smack" there gone!
This works everywhere but Louisiana, they'd clean every trap and not set one off. In the end I superglued pecans to the traps, sprung all 6 traps in one night and only caught one mouse by the front leg. The act of the trap springing knocked all my pecans off and they ate them. :( Smart little buggars.

If I read the OP right, the chins are not in the same house as the mice are located? If that's right, they make a device that can be plugged into a wall socket that emits a sound that rodents HATE that I think would work wonderfully...now of course, if the chins are in the same house, it would not be a good idea to use this device. There are several different versions of these things, they seem to vary as to what type of sound is emitted and also the area of which they will cover. But here's an example of one that will cover up to 2000 sq ft. http://www.electronicpestcontrol.net/

Good luck, just dont use glue traps, those are the most inhumane thing possible. Hopefully you will be able to get something to kill them outright.

Back