Then there was none...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riven

Bad Chin
Many of you know me although I've not been able to be online a lot lately between finishing nursing school, work, health issues and family issues with my oldest daughter's half sister being diagnosed with bone cancer at the age of 4 years old this year....

I also said that I would never sell. I found the big chin world a decade ago and started breeding then. I got my first chinchilla for my birthday 17 years ago.

I've been through surgery, I've been on drugs, nasal sprays, pills, flushes, masks and more and I am physically unable to keep my chins any longer. Even after downsizing my herd last summer and just keeping some of my favorites to work with, it breaks my heart to say that my last three, and my two most favorite chins will be leaving this week. I am simply unable to withstand the pain and swelling the dust and fine fur creates for me, and I just can't go through another surgery after such poor results with the chins after the last one.

I have been so blessed in my chin-devours. My last year showing I won 5th place mutation breeder award at ECBC Nationals, I've had so many article published, I've been contacted by people across the world for help, and even just recently from the UK to be able to use portions of my site for their magazine. I've been able to work with the Recessive Whites (one of my joys I wish could have lasted longer), I've exported chins to Denmark, I've sent chins throughout the US, and I was the first to have Blue Diamond's sent to the US. I've meet so many great people, and made so many great friends with a love for animals. I have gained so much knowledge about these awesome little critters. I plan to maintain my site as so many people find it helpful, and am always willing to help when possible with emails, helping people find breeders or homes for chins, and of course looking at cute baby chin pics.

It breaks my heart to see so many people just giving up their chins over some random poops they find in their pocket while on vacation... or when family borrows some pants and it has hay and chin poo's in it although they washed them, I've tried so hard to find something to make this work. I know there are other breeders that have had similar and worse issues with their sinus and respiratory systems and have had to let go their chins.

So thanks for everyone's support, I just wanted to make it offical, I know a lot of people know, but now it's out there for sure. The only chins I will have after this week are the millions of photos, the ribbons, the art pieces...

You'll miss 'em, and hopefully you'll stick around here a little while. I'm sure in all your years you'll have something to contribute ;) Anyhow, sorry to hear it but I'm sure it was the right choice for you at this point in your life. Take care, you'll be missed.

I plan to maintain my ECBC membership and all that. With the kids in school hopefully things settle down some at home and I'll have more time. I'll especially need to come in for my baby picture fixes!

Awww. I'm sorry to hear this! It's been great posting with you here!!! I hope you can pop in every once in a while because you have some great information to offer! ;) Don't forget about us! I wish you all the best!

Riven do you often frequent Denver or any other part of Colorado? I'm sorry to hear about your medical condition, it's quite evident that you attempted every medical condition you could think of to prevent this. As a new chin enthusiast I had often visited your site for valuable information and for that, I thank you. My chins will be better cared for as a reflection of the information you provided me with.

Please stay active here.You are a valuable resource of information and that is desperately needed with chinchillas.

Latest posts

Back