The West Coast Affair!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely wasn't me! Gary has a magical way of getting people to do the exact thing they don't want to do. I still haven't discovered the source of his power but it may be his wife Margot...she's too sweet for anyone to say no to her.:neener:

Someone has persuasive powers. Usually when they so no they mean no. It should be the highlight of the seminar.

Yes, they're definitely going to be one of the highlights of this seminar. We're also working on getting a couple other speakers...we'll see how that goes but for now this is the line up we have and it's still exceptional. ;)

Its always a highlight for me when I attend the Annual Meeting and the National Show to get to see and talk to Vin and Ellis! I would suppose that they decided to help out because they are exclusively devoted to the success of Empress and MCBA. Thats what I love about them, you know when you talk to them that they really place the organization far above their own self interest! Im glad you guys snagged them!

Its always a highlight for me when I attend the Annual Meeting and the National Show to get to see and talk to Vin and Ellis! I would suppose that they decided to help out because they are exclusively devoted to the success of Empress and MCBA. Thats what I love about them, you know when you talk to them that they really place the organization far above their own self interest! Im glad you guys snagged them!
They are true gentlemen,legend's and giant's in the industry.All way's an honor to be in there presnt's.

BTW Ellis is insulted by the insinuation that he's a gentleman. He said he's worked way too long cultivating his image to be confused as a gentleman.

Unfortunately, we consulted and a video of a two day seminar is just not feasible at this time. Gary had Sarah and I post about the seminar in advance in hopes of giving everyone enough notice to clear schedules where clearing is needed. Hopefully everyone can attend as this will be a very educational seminar and also very fun and relaxing. ;)

Dan~ will you be able to attend the seminar?

a video of a two day seminar is just not feasible at this time.

I was thinking more of a video of the lecture or a specific speaker video. Filming/recording all the subjects and then split them into catagories or speakers and then sell them through Empress. Some people would be interested in only specific subjects and/or speakers while others would like all. In any case, I think that a video would be great and since Margot has one out there on grooming I'm sure other people would like to purchase them. If they were available even though I plan on attending I would certainly purchase them as well. It would be a great backup reference for my failing mind...

Ronda

This seminar sounds really exciting! I looked into airfares and they're wayyy reasonable! It should be really fun! But sorry Tabitha, since Gary wanted to schedule this event on such a conflicting date that is so close to the Empress Annual Meeting I just cant.

Im sure Gary has a lot to offer in the ways of education, he usually supports the National Organization by coming the the Annual Meeting, but for some reason he has forgotten this practice. Usually Ralph, Ellis, Vin, Gene and Bradfords all show up and if I heard correctly its possible that Dick Miller will be there too! So with that said Im kinda forced to watch my pennies and go to just one. But Im sure you guys will have a awesome meeting, you have an outstanding panel with eons of experience, wish I could make it!

Dan

This seminar sounds really exciting! I looked into airfares and they're wayyy reasonable! It should be really fun! But sorry Tabitha, since Gary wanted to schedule this event on such a conflicting date that is so close to the Empress Annual Meeting I just cant.

Im sure Gary has a lot to offer in the ways of education, he usually supports the National Organization by coming the the Annual Meeting, but for some reason he has forgotten this practice. Usually Ralph, Ellis, Vin, Gene and Bradfords all show up and if I heard correctly its possible that Dick Miller will be there too! So with that said Im kinda forced to watch my pennies and go to just one. But Im sure you guys will have a awesome meeting, you have an outstanding panel with eons of experience, wish I could make it!

Dan

Yes...I was hoping they would put the seminar for a little earlier date as I too plan on attending the annual meeting. I think Gary's hope was that the annual meeting would be a week later though, for me, that's still not a big enough gap to recoup my money. Hopefully if this seminar is a hit we will host another one in the future and you'll be able to attend.:thumbsup: Even though you can't make it, you should see about getting in on the raffle for the animals. Gary promises that they will be very high quality animals that would take no less than color class champion.;)

The hotel is definitely going to be The Hilton in Sacramento. I'll work on getting the address and phone number. It seems everything is still being finalized but the prices will be $99/night.

This sounds like a great line up and let me tell you that it sucks that its in my home city of Sacramento... Wish like heck I was going to be home... Maybe a magical faerie will buy me a ticket hehe ... I would love to see all of you again and this line up and the topics being discussed sound like they cant be beat...

Kathleen! It would be awesome if you could make it! I've got my fingers crossed cause it would be great to see you again...it's been way too long since you moved!

I received an email informing me that, interestingly, there's no way for people to pay for their tickets! (headache!!!) So I am going to call around today and hopefully get this figured out for everyone and I'll post the information as soon as I get it, I'll also talk (again) to the person booking the hotel and get more information on that!

anyone in the SoCal area looking to attend? I'd be down to have a buddy on the ride up (if I can get the days off work)

HOTEL INFORMATION!!!

2200 Harvard St
Sacramento, California
USA 95815-3306
Tel: +1-916-922-4700
Fax: +1-916-922-8418

Please book your rooms before October 2nd! For those wanting to book online...

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/SMFHIHF-CEC-20091020/index.jhtml

Rates are $99/night

Also, there is definitely going to be a banquet on Saturday night! At this banquet we will be raffling off a class champion pair(male/female) donated by Bowen Chinchilla Ranch. The banquet price is $35 per person, a menu will be provided shortly. ;)

Tickets for the live animal raffle are going to be $10 each(remember this is for two animals, not just one). If you buy more than one ticket you will also receive two door prize tickets free of charge. Tickets for the live animal and door prize raffles will only be available at the seminar so if you're looking for a great starter pair, now is your chance!

If anything changes or if they give me more information(forces are working against me) I will let you guys know!

Also, for those wanting to book your rooms over the phone or even online please remember to use the group code: CEC this will ensure you get the group rate of $99/night rather than their regular $123-$250/night!!

The hospitality room on Friday night is completely free, make sure you don't eat dinner because there will be MORE than enough food to go around and I've been promised that it will be well worth the trip for the hospitality room alone. ;) You don't need to bring anything for this...just yourself! The food and beverages will be provided by the group!

After talking with Ellis Adcock last night, he requested I put this on the forum for him.At the California ECBC Annual Meeting, June 6th, 2009, Gary asked if he and Vin would do a seminar at the West Coast affair. He did respectfully decline to do the seminar. Ellis has not been in contact with Gary at all since the June 6th meeting. He stills stands behind this decision and doesn't want anyone attending to be under the misconception they will be doing a seminar. However, they will be bringing the cages and lights to the seminar. Ellis said Gary has a very knowledgeable group speaking at the seminar and neither him nor Vin are comfortable with public speaking.

I just talked to Gary and he said that Ellis and Vin are doing a panel which Ellis agreed to at the meeting. I know he was very clear on not wanting to speak publicly but he did agree that being on a panel with a couple other people would be fine. I'm not sure exactly what is going to happen with this but according to Gary, Ellis and Vin are going to be doing some kind of a panel where they will answer questions for people so that they are not directly publicly speaking but still able to offer their experience and expertise to the seminar.

If I hear anything else from Gary I will let you all know. It may turn out that Ellis won't want to even be on a panel but we'll see what happens.

Back