The waiting game

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Azure Chinchillas

My standard carrier for violet is very expectant - and although I dont have an exact due-date - she is due any day. I have not seen the kits kick yet(paranoia) - but she is HUGE!

I don't handle her much - as she is blind (non-hereditary cataracts) and handling stresses her a bit - so I can't feel if her teats are engorged yet (often a good sign of pending birth).

I have just had a week off work - but I bet she decides to have her ltter Monday morning - when I am back at work!!!

I am waiting nervously now .......

nora1-1.jpg

I totally know what you are going through right now. I have been feeling violent kicks out of one of my beige girls for the past week now. I thought she would have littered by now, but she is still holding them all in! She is also so big now and gained almost 300g, I'm almost certain she will have trips. She is one of my most behaved and friendliest girls, we are able to weigh her often, as she easily jumps onto a scale when it is placed in her cage.

Your girl definitely looks huge (and unhappy) lol. Good luck to you and her, and hope she litters soon with healthy kits! She is so pretty and in great looking shape for being pregnant btw!

Good old Nora - legs crossed just to wind you up, eh Debbie? :hair:

Look forward to see your new arrivals. :D

I hear ya!!! Ive been waiting on one for what seems like forever!!! When I thought she got preggo I think it was just a gain in weight from the new food... NOW I know she is preggo, so Im just waiting!

Same here! I have a black velvet that has finally become pregnant. This girl fooled me twice - I thought that she was preggers both times and she wasn't. This time, I know she is pregnant and I am estimating that she is due in about 3 weeks. Looks like the race is on! Who's popping first?:thumbsup:

wow she's gianormous!!! =D i can't wait to see baby pictures!!!

I am right there with you! I have a little lady due any day now. The father was a beautiful guy that I sold a few months ago. I can't wait!

Latest posts

Back