The lovely Frida

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prophet of Frida

I've been taking lots of photos of Frida, so I thought I'd share. She's been a fantastic addition to our household.

8369654271_6dca2e5caf_z.jpg

8384655611_e3424f435f_z.jpg

8384655689_24c0b98b69_z.jpg

(I'm in the process of ordering a Flying Saucer to replace her Silent Spinner, which seems to be okay for now while she's a baby but won't be when she gets much bigger. This chinchilla needs to get a job.)

Thank you! I found a Ferret Nation cage on closeout at Petsmart for $179 today and snatched it up, so she'll be moving into a nicer, bigger cage over the weekend. And almost as if on cue, her Silent Spinner broke last night, so it's Flying Saucer time soon for her.

This new cage is so big that it seems almost mean to keep her in there alone. I ordered a Chinchilla Buddy from Annie (prompting lots of "Lars and the Real Girl" jokes around here), but I'm also keeping an eye out for a suitable cage mate. We shall see.

Frida just moved in to her new FN cage, which is MUCH bigger than what she was in before (a Ware 6-Level Clean Living cage that was plenty tall but with far too small of a footprint).

My thanks to everyone who has posted photos of their FN set-ups! All the perches and ledges that seemed so cramped in her old cage now seem puny, so making new ledges is the new priority. I'm getting much inspiration from everyone else.

I'm sure she'll be much happier once she gets past the stress of a new cage, especially one this big. For now, I'm getting the stinkeye from the doorway of her elevated hidey house.

She is very cute! You can tell how happy she is :cute:

Could you tell me where you purchased your hay holder please? I really need a couple. Thanks.

It was a cheap purchase at Petsmart, I think. It's actually not all that great; the openings between the slats is too small, so she mostly ends up pulling hay from the top. It's on my list of things to replace. I thought she'd chew it up, but she seems to mostly use her lava landings for keeping her teeth trim.

chin-power!

I've been taking lots of photos of Frida, so I thought I'd share. She's been a fantastic addition to our household.

8369654271_6dca2e5caf_z.jpg

8384655611_e3424f435f_z.jpg

8384655689_24c0b98b69_z.jpg

(I'm in the process of ordering a Flying Saucer to replace her Silent Spinner, which seems to be okay for now while she's a baby but won't be when she gets much bigger. This chinchilla needs to get a job.)

well if you can manage to harness electricity power from the wheels somehow, then chins could earn their keep!

Back