The lovely Frida

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they look fun, but are they safe?

I'm guessing she likes her flying saucer:

"Speed Freak"

they do take up a lot of space, and for me, in canada, for 2 of these, its coming to the same price, as a 162 critter nation ($269 for a 162)

so, i opted to get them the second cage, and let them run naturally, 12 sq feet per level, 2 levels of space

maybe down the road, i will get them 2 more add-on units (163) making my cage 3 cage high, and 2 across, then ill consider allotting a whole level to a wheel

(i am afraid) i worry the chin (cuz i have 2) that one will run, and another may hop down from above, and break a leg, sliced off, or run/burrow under the wheel while its moving, and i dunno, get hurt?

the flying saucer moving at those speeds,would that not make the edges sharp? enough to cut a leg that runs by?

The edges are not sharp, they are smooth and rounded, they definitely would not cut a leg that runs by. Generally if one hops on while the other is going it just results in them topples-ing off, I haven't come across any horror stories where one gets injured...plus, it's only about 2 inches off the ground so they don't have far to fall if they bail

Back